Some thoughts before I attend Sunday's game..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some thoughts before I attend Sunday's game.....

Dolfanmatty

Starter
Reaction score
After some debate (about 5 minutes actually), I decided despite my overall disappointment with this season that I would attend my 10th and final Dolphins game this season in good old section 129. Though this game has been labeled as "meaningless" by many, to me it signifies the end of an era.

Let's face it, if our owner and organization have any brains, Wanny will not be back, GM or no GM. Can the guy coach? I think he is more qualified than any of us who post on this site that is for sure...lol. But seriously, this team (especially in the mental aspects of the game) have gotten WORSE every year he has been here. Personnel wise, we had 2 major concerns last off-season, WR and O-line....and he chose to address none of them. (I don't include Darrius Thompson in that, I didnt buy that training camp hype)

I could certainly live with Freeman at Safety (rather than Knight) and Rogers at LB (rather than Seau, though I believe the salaries are similar) if that meant getting a better WR or a LT that had 1 game of NFL experience. Seau and Knight played well no doubt, but did any of you remember many "game changing" plays by either one? I remember a couple...but not many.

But I bet a lot of us DO remember the defensive ends, Dwight Freeney for one, who blew by Wade Smith like he wasn't even there, basically costing us a game or two. Hey, the guy is a rookie, and probably will be a fine player in this league, but he simply wasn't ready to start at left tackle in the NFL. Talk about trial by fire! And the rest of the line hasn't played much better. I mean, what successful team shuffles the offensive line as much as we do during a game?

I could go on and on, but it is time for change. And it SHOULD start with Wanny and Jay gone. Not that Jay is a "horrible" QB or anything, but he is definitely not worth his cap figure for next season. He is being paid to produce, and he just has not done that, though I think placing the blame squarely on him would be kind of silly. I think Brunell would be a perfect fit here, though that is just my opinion.

If we can keep most of the core, sign a QB (like Brunell), and upgrade the O-Line a bit.....who knows. A few bounces here and there and this team would be in the playoffs and I wouldn't even be writing this but those are the breaks. As a good friend of mine, who happens to be a Pats fan says: "It is better to be lucky than good". How right he is.

Maybe next year some of those breaks will go our way, but first we have some work to do. Until then, I will be in section 129, watching what will hopefully be both the end of a chapter and a beginning of one in Dolphin history.

God I hope we win......two consecutive home games where the opposing fans spell out their team's name constantly, even on a 3 yard run. Guys, I know how to spell "Eagles" and "Jets", I don't need any help in that regard. How annoying...

Nicely written, that pretty much sums it all up.

I might be attending tomorrow's game as well. My uncle has season tickets for himself and his dad but both dont want to go tomorrow so he gave me and my dad tickets but Im not sure if my dad can make it. If I can, Ill see ya'll there. Go Fins!

awesome post bro

i agree with everything except rogers, i think we needed an upgrade from his position

hopefully j and wanny are gone, like u said j is not horrible, but if we had a great oline and great wr's maybe he would look better, i know many qb's would look great just having ricky by their side so like u said j is not producing and is getting paid good money

as far as those jet fans.......:goof:

Originally posted by dolphinsrok
awesome post bro

i agree with everything except rogers, i think we needed an upgrade from his position

hopefully j and wanny are gone, like u said j is not horrible, but if we had a great oline and great wr's maybe he would look better, i know many qb's would look great just having ricky by their side so like u said j is not producing and is getting paid good money

as far as those jet fans.......:goof:

Agreed about Rogers, but I guess my point is: Was the difference between Seau and Rogers worth let's say, if we had gotten a quality WR or OL in place of Thompson and Wade Smith respectively?

In my opinion, no way....We had enough playmakers on defense even without Seau (or at least I thought we did..haha)

Back
Top Bottom