some tidbits from Sporting News.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

some tidbits from Sporting News....

burghPhinFan

there are some that call me...Tim
Reaction score
this comes out weekly, so some of it's dated (like Garica and Madison)

Draft dish:
.."We're hearing the Chargers may be more interested in signing a FA QB such as Billy Volek, Jay Fiedler or Jeff Garcia than using the No1 overall pick on Eli Manning"
they go on to say that they may be baiting the Cardinals to flip flop picks because Green is very high on Fitzy.

---Jay's not a FA, may he get traded in the Boston deal???? or did they just assume he was because Miami let him seek a trade?

team report:
"The singing of Reggie Howard puts pressure on Sam MAdison to rework his contract. Even if he does, he still might be traded or cut"

---that was interesting since he HAS redone his deal. Didn't think he was going anywhere. Draft day trade ammo?

from article by Lee Evans:
talks about recovering from his knee injury and getting some encouragement from former teammate, Chris Chambers.

" We have different talents, but he gave me ome confidence about the draft process. I wouldn't mind playing with him again, in Miami."

"If you're sincere and passionate about what you love to do, everything you put into it will pay off."

---how's that for a good attitude?, will not be dissappointed if he's our pick @ #20

more draft stuff...
Kentucky QB Jared Lorenzen has the best fastball in the draft. at the Combine he had a peak ball speed of 60.7 mph. Next was Bowling Green's Josh Harris who threw 58.7. Many expected Roth. to have the best ball speed, but he came in 5th with a peak throw of 55.7 mph.

---I wonder what Marino's was, anybody know?

-Jay's not a FA, may he get traded in the Boston deal???? or did they just assume he was because Miami let him seek a trade?

That would be soooo sweet. Don't think Wanny will give him up =(

In an earlier thread a couple of us talked up Josh Harris as a late round, undrafted free agent pick up at QB. He was a four year senior who didn't settle into the QB role until later in college. Started out more as an athelete than a QB. Since we usually carry 4 QB's in mini camp time and Stoerner will be in Europe, I'm hoping Harris is the guy.

I think this is Sage's last year with us, he will want to move to a spot where he can get more playing time. Fiedler, if beaten by Feeley will also want to look elsewhere and could be traded/cap casualty. If Fiedler wins out over Feeley then the same scenario plays out for AJ. Stoerner is likely no better than a perenial 3rd teamer. Harris could develop into a solid back-up for us and with luck and coaching who knows?

He sure did ! Wasn't That one hell of a playoff run we had! Oops we came up short again with Jay!! After 4yrs bye bye jay please!!!

Originally posted by DolFinatic718
hey burghphinfan who is that 88 in the pic?
with the pending trade, I redid a photo of Boston as a Cardinal to make him a Phin!!!!! Wonder if Derrius will give up his number?

Originally posted by Ohiophinphan
In an earlier thread a couple of us talked up Josh Harris as a late round, undrafted free agent pick up at QB. He was a four year senior who didn't settle into the QB role until later in college. Started out more as an athelete than a QB. Since we usually carry 4 QB's in mini camp time and Stoerner will be in Europe, I'm hoping Harris is the guy.

I think this is Sage's last year with us, he will want to move to a spot where he can get more playing time. Fiedler, if beaten by Feeley will also want to look elsewhere and could be traded/cap casualty. If Fiedler wins out over Feeley then the same scenario plays out for AJ. Stoerner is likely no better than a perenial 3rd teamer. Harris could develop into a solid back-up for us and with luck and coaching who knows?
I think he might be a Brady-type late rounder that could end up surprising people. with Henson gone, he's my next hopeful pick up (that actually might happen)

a little note on josh harris guys : according to the combine results on espn insider, harris had the strongest arm at the workouts--which included roethlisberger who has a cannon hanging down from his shoulder

Originally posted by burghPhinFan
this comes out weekly, so some of it's dated (like Garica and Madison)

Draft dish:
.."We're hearing the Chargers may be more interested in signing a FA QB such as Billy Volek, Jay Fiedler or Jeff Garcia than using the No1 overall pick on Eli Manning"
they go on to say that they may be baiting the Cardinals to flip flop picks because Green is very high on Fitzy.

---Jay's not a FA, may he get traded in the Boston deal???? or did they just assume he was because Miami let him seek a trade?

team report:
"The singing of Reggie Howard puts pressure on Sam MAdison to rework his contract. Even if he does, he still might be traded or cut"

---that was interesting since he HAS redone his deal. Didn't think he was going anywhere. Draft day trade ammo?

from article by Lee Evans:
talks about recovering from his knee injury and getting some encouragement from former teammate, Chris Chambers.

" We have different talents, but he gave me ome confidence about the draft process. I wouldn't mind playing with him again, in Miami."

"If you're sincere and passionate about what you love to do, everything you put into it will pay off."

---how's that for a good attitude?, will not be dissappointed if he's our pick @ #20

more draft stuff...
Kentucky QB Jared Lorenzen has the best fastball in the draft. at the Combine he had a peak ball speed of 60.7 mph. Next was Bowling Green's Josh Harris who threw 58.7. Many expected Roth. to have the best ball speed, but he came in 5th with a peak throw of 55.7 mph.

---I wonder what Marino's was, anybody know?

OK, I gather you're talking about the magazine since you mentioned "weekly". Problem with the mags are that most info is already aweek old by the time the mag gets to your door. i used to get it until i went online back in 96.

Originally posted by burghPhinFan

with the pending trade, I redid a photo of Boston as a Cardinal to make him a Phin!!!!! Wonder if Derrius will give up his number?

he doesn´t have to, boston is wearing number #89 :)

Think, Jay, O-gun, #20 for #1 pick lol. Pipe dream, but that would be fun!

Back
Top Bottom