Some ugly stats on Jay... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some ugly stats on Jay...

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
talk about needing to prove himself ag. the Ravens:

In his two seasons with the Dolphins, Fiedler has led them to a 4-9 record against playoff opponents, 18-1 against all others.

In games against playoff opponents, he has combined to throw seven touchdown passes and 26 interceptions :eek: , and his quarterback rating is 52.1. :eek: :eek: Against nonplayoff teams, Fiedler has led the Dolphins to an 18-1 record with 28 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. His rating is 92.0.

from http://www.miami.com/herald/content/sports/football/dolphins/digdocs/111319.htm

Jay is facing a tough defense. If he can play well (and by that I mean 1 or NO int's, along with smart accurate passes) and we still lose, I say sign him up for next year. If he throws 2 or 3 int's, and makes boneheaded throws...well, then we seriously have to evaluate what's out there at QB, and what direction the team is going to go offensively.

Jay may not be the only QB with that issue:

from http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/columns/20020110/afcplayoffstheseplayersw.html

Ravens quarterback Elvis Grbac can't afford to have a subpar game against the Dolphins. Brian Billick swears Grbac's job is safe, but will it be safe if Grbac throws four picks and the Ravens go one and out?

Jets quarterback Vinny Testaverde, who had a public spat with offensive coordinator Paul Hackett two weeks ago, might be cut in the offseason if he plays poorly against the Raiders, as the Jets have to make a decision on the future of Chad Pennington.

another article on Jay

AFC Notes: Finding Fiedler

''In the early part of the year, I was getting rid of the ball early, not letting things develop,'' Fiedler informed the Miami Herald. ''That kept the sacks down, but we had some interceptions. Now, if we have to eat the ball a little more, that's what we'll do to avoid the mistakes."

You could tell that was happening last week. Jay was eating sacks because his receivers weren't open (They were second-string so I'm not worried about that).
I feel the O-line got too much slack because of the 4 sacks. big deal! If we rush for almost 200 yards, the O-line can give up 4 sacks.
Sunday he'll have his starting receivers in there to get open and make plays for him, so hopefully these situations won't arrive as often as they did last week.

It'll be real interesting to see how the phins opt to handle their free agents this year. Last year they had a lot of decisions to make regarding key personnel, and, with the exception of maybe Webb (nobody could foresee the o-line taking the pounding that it did so early and often) they made good moves. Jay, Lamar, TimBo, and Brock (I think) are the key ones that I see.

Officially Jay is under contract for 2002, but can opt out. Lamar is an UFA. Brock and TimBo will have to re-negotitate since they would both be paid too much. Cousins. Mixon and LoBro to new a few I know are also UFA - so our D could suck next year. :(

the key is Daryl and his back. If Daryl can play all is well, if he plays part-time all is OK, if he retires, we are in deep **** since we would have to take a huge cap hit for his bonus (unless he is forced to return a portion of it which I doubt since he is retiring due to injury) :eek:

I'm not counting on Daryl being back. I think he's one of the best DT's in the league when healthy but I'm afraid counting on him to contribute for even half of the games next year is too risky. Their gonna half to sign TimBo and either Mixon or Bromell. From what I keep reading Jay will most definetely opt out. The article above said he's looking forward to his first chance at a big contract. So I was assuming that his contract will be something that the office will need to decide upon this offseason. Cousins is expendable. It's Fletcher Time!:D

You guys see keeping Lamar as worth it? He's too up and down in my mind. There's been talk of your getting Edge or Ricky Williams. What're your thoughts on that?

Who would you go after if Fiedler isn't worth it? What kind of cap space do you guys have next year? Should be okay with so many top FAs hitting the market, but it'll be tough to sign everyone. I see Brock as your key. With two incredible corners and a great MLB, barring a total defensive collapse, you'll always be tough to drive down the field on.

Chris

We actually have a good back up for Brock in Freeman if we cannot re-sign Brock. I would only keep Lamar for 1 mil ar year MAX if not the vet. min.; but I am not sure who else realistically (williams and edge are not realistic cap-wise) is out there.

As far as Jay is concerned, I am sure he will opt out, but the Fins can match any offfer, so he c/b back unless he lands an over-priced contract like BJohnson or Grbac got.

Brock will be back next year. I hope Darryl goes to Houston. As for Lamar, he sucks, he had a good game, but it was against the Bills.

i believe lamar can still go...............

what he needs is a line that can open holes, instead of just running into the backs of our own linemen, actually see daylight!:D

Re: i believe lamar can still go...............

Originally posted by dolfan06
what he needs is a line that can open holes, instead of just running into the backs of our own linemen, actually see daylight!:D
we agree again :cool: - rarely do I see other teams open up as few holes as our line has this year.:(

Re: Re: i believe lamar can still go...............

Originally posted by dolphan39
we agree again :cool: - rarely do I see other teams open up as few holes as our line has this year.:(

its really not to hard to see, seems like all that he is doing is running into the defensive linemen and instead of seeing a hole he has the view of our O-lines butts!;)

Back
Top Bottom