Some Undrafted FAs to bring in...... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Undrafted FAs to bring in......

He'd be a great pickup. Could definitely snatch the backup job, as he has all the talent in the world...

One thing nobody is talking about is the cap implecations of getting several very good players as UDFA. UDFA make league minimum for the most part, if we add a couple of quality players it could be very good for us cap wise.

ckparrothead said:
What about that Shazor guy everyone keeps talkin about. Also I like Gino Giudugli.

Woa, I didn't even realize that Shazor never got drafted. I wouldn't mind picking him up, unless there is some new reason WHY he never got drafted? Travis Davis from LSU, the CB we took, is projected to play Saftey for us because he isn't fast enough to play CB, or thats what one of the guys was saying after we took him.

Basically what we need is Wilkerson, a developmental QB as Saban said, a FS, a player to compete at SS, a WR, a blocking TE, and an NT. I wouldn't mind another large LB and Nick got one in his boy Lionel Turner.

Kay Jay is the same size and almost as fast as Ronnie Brown are they both the same type back that if Ronnie gets hurt it wouldnt change our O that much? I think if you do that you get rid of Gordon and keep Minor as a change of pace back. If we could find a 2nd string RB as a UDFA in his rookie year that would be incredible.

We've got a chance and his name is Kay-Jay...

Fins2theend said:
A QB not many people are talking about is a former LSU player in Marcus Randall, good athelete and Saban would know exactly what he was getting!!!

apparently not. I just asked an LSU fan about him, and he said no way....so I'll trust his judgement

he said that Saban may give him a try at safety

I doubt we get Marcus Randall. Saban pretty much said he was the reason LSU lost to Iowa.

Jaj said:
Basically what we need is Wilkerson, a developmental QB as Saban said, a FS, a player to compete at SS, a WR, a blocking TE, and an NT. I wouldn't mind another large LB and Nick got one in his boy Lionel Turner.
Guidugli, Browner, Shazor, Savoy, Holmes, Means, Wilkerson. Is this possible at all? I think 5 of these guys is possible I doubt we get all 7.

Fins2theend said:
A QB not many people are talking about is a former LSU player in Marcus Randall, good athelete and Saban would know exactly what he was getting!!!

Saban said a bowl-game press conference that he ran all the time at LSU because he was afraid to call a pass play with Randall at QB. So yeah, he knows he would be getting garbage.

Jaj, add Marcus Randall, Albert Means, maybe Shazor but his speed worries me, and I like Steve Savoy and we have had one of the bests draft in recent memory!

I'd bank on probably three of those guys. Guidugli, Wilkerson, Means, and Junior Rosegreen.

dolphingator said:
Saban said a bowl-game press conference that he ran all the time at LSU because he was afraid to call a pass play with Randall at QB. So yeah, he knows he would be getting garbage.

Thats why I said good athelete, I have heard that he could be given a shot somewhere as a S. Wouldnt be a bad Emergency QB.

Jaj said:
We've got a chance and his name is Kay-Jay...

Kay Jay is certainly the grandpa of the rookies, right next to McCune....I guess retirement in South Fla wouldn't be so bad...:lol:

does anybody know what he's been doing the past few years? did he go into baseball, or the military or something?

Back
Top Bottom