Someone else who shined besides Rivers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Someone else who shined besides Rivers

jmp310

Practice Squad
Reaction score
....And that would be Michael Jenkins. He really showed that he could get good seperation, and he uses his size and athleticsm really well. I still think if the 'Fins go WR at 20, there are better options(Clayton, Woods, by some miracle Reggie Williams), but if we get a QB at 20 and dont resign Wale, there's no question we should give Jenkins consideration with the other 1st round pick.

I would be totally happy with henderson or even Wilford from VT.

That is the problem with WR's. they dont separate themselves from each other much in order to justify there draft status IMO. you would be dead wrong to take a WR if Rivers is there for us. thats all i gotta say!:yell:

People around here have been talking River and Jenkins for a while now. Now, they are in the senior bowl, and doing what I, and others, have been saying that they could do all along. Now the only problem is, they will probably move up and we won't get either of them.

If we get 2 #1's... We take Rivers with our first #1 and Jenkins with our second....

My absolute bomb would be :

#20 Rivers
#28 Max Starks

Philly gives us their picks.

Get a WR in 3rd round. maybe two of them with compensation picks (4th or 5th?)

don't be suprised if we deal out of the 1st altogether. Our 1st rders under Dave and rick have been spotty. In a deep WR draft it'd be nice if we could snag some extra picks. We only have 6 I think. The 20 spot is early for any Qb after the top 2.

Who did we lose in FA? I can't remember anybody who'd get us a 4th-5th rd. pick

I think FSU's Greg Jones did a great job of showcasing what he can do as well.

Draft:Rivers and Jenkins/Clayton/Henderson
The only reason I would see them picking Henderson over some the others is b/c of his blazing speed but Jenkins/Clayton are 6-5, so I would have a hard time not picking either one of them.

Nick Leckey, Luke Lawton, Ben Watson, Wilford, Henderson, Jenkins, Jacob Bell, Derrick Pope, Kyle Larson, Bobby McCray all did well

Henderson has the speed to go with the hands...

I tell you I would love it if we could get hold of DT Darnell Dockett. The North never found an answer to him all game long!

And Tim Bowens ain't gettin no younger. Larry Chester is a nice wide body but, he's not the kind of collapsing force that I think Dockett can be. Problem is I like Bowens, I like Chester, I like Zgonina. They are all old but not old enough to where they aren't producing anymore. I feel Dockett is better than Zgonina and would be a great addition at 3rd DT but I don't know if I'm comfortable cutting a veteran savvy leader like Zgonina...or Bowens...or a freak like Chester. ARGH!

Anyway maybe it was just Rivers elevating people but Wilford and Henderson both looked more impressive than Jenkins I thought.

Gotta give credit to Rivers, I was fully on the trade the world for Eli Manning wagon but now I think it would be better to save all those picks and get Rivers. I truly feel he's good enough. I think Manning will probably be better, but still, Rivers will be good enough.

Originally posted by knoxpk
I think FSU's Greg Jones did a great job of showcasing what he can do as well.

He did have some excellent runs. But he sure as He!! didn't do a very good job of showcasing his intelligence. Did you see his interview after the game? Man, I don't think he put together one sentence that made any sense.:laugh: :stupid:

I hate Ohio State almost as much as the Jets. I just can't imagine myself rooting for micheal jenkins. But we gotta do what we gotta do . He does seem to be a very good WR. Just get a QB before we do anything else and I'll be happy.

Back
Top Bottom