Someone else who shined besides Rivers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Someone else who shined besides Rivers

Any QB with that talent Rivers has will do good in their first season with a type of runningback like Ricky Williams. Takes most of the attention from to QB=!

True. Then again with Rivers' penchant for not making mistakes, I think you could unshackle the man a bit and let him play.

Man. What am I thinkin! I'm already set to start a Phillip Rivers in his FIRST YEAR in the NFL. Could he really be so talented that he breaks the mold, performs well in his first year in the NFL?

Originally posted by BeatCrazy2

He did have some excellent runs. But he sure as He!! didn't do a very good job of showcasing his intelligence. Did you see his interview after the game? Man, I don't think he put together one sentence that made any sense.:laugh: :stupid:

Iba domba careba wherba heba wenba toba schoolba, datba boyba canba runba!

:D

I think Dockett has one of the best showings. Devery Henderson, Keary Colbert, Travis LaBoy, Greg Jones, Derrick Strait, & Madieu Williams. I'll have to watch the game again because I didn't pay too much attention to the oline & I meant to watch for Joey Thomas & forgot.

Ck of all the rooks I think Rvers is the most prepared to start year one. Look what he did with one week of practice and practicaly all new players around him.

Originally posted by zeke0123
Ck of all the rooks I think Rvers is the most prepared to start year one. Look what he did with one week of practice and practicaly all new players around him.
...and, as SMad has noted before, without any blitzing

yeah, maybe he is more ready to start in year one (which is hard to say because Roethlisberger and Manning didn'tplay) but what about the future? will be be awesome down the road? he could have a 75 QB in year one, and never improve to much more.

it's only 1 game. don't read to much into it. it was movie trailor. Most look great until you watch the real thing.

NFL combine is much more important then this game.

Ah geez, if I had no pressure on me & my WR's were getting 8+ yard cushions I could connect on 8 of 9 passes 5 yards or less like him.

Eli is obviously the most prepared to start year one, Roethlisberger too.

Originally posted by SMadison29

Ah geez, if I had no pressure on me & my WR's were getting 8+ yard cushions I could connect on 8 of 9 passes 5 yards or less like him.

Eli is obviously the most prepared to start year one, Roethlisberger too.

You could? Then why didn't Losman?

I can understand why you don't like Rivers, and everybody else liking him can't make it any better, but come on man. I think you're being a little over-critical. There were several other QBs who had those same cushions and no blitzing in the game that didn't come up NEAR as big as Rivers did. The offense they ran in the Bowl was supposed to be a mock of an NFL offense right? So either Rivers' success in the game was due to being able to make a quicker adjustment than every other QB out there, or NCSU runs an NFL offense.

I'm not saying the guy is the second coming or anything, and I don't think the Senior Bowl is enough to make or break the draft, but can't you at least admit the guy was ON it?

He does like Rivers, but he is like me. He doesn't like the fact that many members are boasting him to ridiculous extremes.

Originally posted by Jaj
He does like Rivers, but he is like me. He doesn't like the fact that many members are boasting him to ridiculous extremes.

I think some of the stuff being slung around about him is a bit much too, but those fans are entitled to their opinion about the guy, just like me, you, smadison29 and everybody else. That's not the point. The point is he had a great game, and that has caused some fans to get very excited about the guy.

I'm not asking anybody to "share the excitement", but to call yourself a qualified evaluator of talent and information because you subscribe to scouting services, and further claim that you've watched the game and plays closer than anybody else, then slam one guy that was successful and raise up another that was unsuccessful is just bogus.

Its a matter of being objective imo. All the stats and research and scouting information in the world doesn't take away the actual play that was performed. Statements like the "if I had no pressure on me & my WR's were getting 8+ yard cushions I could connect on 8 of 9 passes 5 yards or less like him" are not only biased in nature and unprovable, but contain lies (inside 5 yards...lmao)....not opinion.

Some people think that he'll be ready to start in the NFL early...that's opinion.

Back
Top Bottom