Someone make a petition for Edwards comeback!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Someone make a petition for Edwards comeback!!

Can we win a SB

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I have a feeling that the FO isnt to excited about bringing back Edwards, but someone who knows should make a petition online and show the FO how bad we want him..lol.. I think it would be great!!

I'd rather have Minor. 4.5 yards per carry is pretty darn good and I believe he has what it takes to become a leader. This might turn out to be a great year. Edwards didn't impress me much.

ElexDC said:
I'd rather have Minor. 4.5 yards per carry is pretty darn good and I believe he has what it takes to become a leader. This might turn out to be a great year. Edwards didn't impress me much.
Edwards would be great for competition...and depth.

Plus Edwards will give us heart. A guy like him will never give up when he is running the ball. It will then make it harder to bring him down with so much passion he has. I say LETS DO IT!!!!

Heart, Passion??? Then you must be an avid Jay Fiedler fan. Gives up engineering for football, breaks his thumb but finishes out the game and wins vs Broncos, charges head first, thats heart! I take it your an avid Fiedler fan then and are out there supporting that former college tri-athelete.

Edwards is to much of a risk. Minor has what it takes and Konrad is built like a Mike Alstott. If I remember correctly the Bucs had a similar running team and did pretty well!

ElexDC said:
Heart, Passion??? Then you must be an avid Jay Fiedler fan. Gives up engineering for football, breaks his thumb but finishes out the game and wins vs Broncos, charges head first, thats heart! I take it your an avid Fiedler fan then and are out there supporting that former college tri-athelete.

Edwards is to much of a risk. Minor has what it takes and Konrad is built like a Mike Alstott. If I remember correctly the Bucs had a similar running team and did pretty well!
Minors 4.5 ypc stat is very hard to use for a judjment of his talent. He got those stats from being a situation back. If he can carry a 25 carry per game load is yet to b determined. I ask u this tho...what r we risking with Edwards? Also, what is it th m,akes u think Minor is a better back(other then the 4.5 ypc stat, cuz tht is barley relevent.)

What risk are you referring too Elex? The man overcame severe injury, passed a tough physical from an NFL team, and played under this offense. He wants to be here and frankly deserves to be here. Nobody said as a starter, although I think he could be. At one time, he was a very highly regarded talent. Grant it he may not be the same physically (as when he was drafted) but the intangibles should still be there. Minors YPC are very respectable, but they should be that way for a situation type back. Heck, at the very least they should give the guy a shot. It would cost them nothing, and could pay HUGE dividends.

Situation back?? And you want Edwards, he hasn't proven that with his bad knee he can make it through a whole game. What did he have in 2002 something like 100 yards for the full season?? That hasn't shown me anything. Minor is a young guy, has healthy legs, has proven to do well, every time they call his number he steps up, he did pretty well in college and if they use Konrad like the Bucs use Alstott, then Minor just might end up being like a Warrick Dunn, but with better break tackles!

But that's just my opinion.

ElexDC said:
Situation back?? And you want Edwards, he hasn't proven that with his bad knee he can make it through a whole game. What did he have in 2002 something like 100 yards for the full season?? That hasn't shown me anything. Minor is a young guy, has healthy legs, has proven to do well, every time they call his number he steps up, he did pretty well in college and if they use Konrad like the Bucs use Alstott, then Minor just might end up being like a Warrick Dunn, but with better break tackles!

But that's just my opinion.
Were not doubting Minors talents, were just saying theres no way to tell wether hell b as good as u believe. You said "Situation back??" like he isnt. If u dont he was a situational back u need to learn some more abou the NFL(notice i said IF u dont, not trying to personally attack ur knowledge.)

Yes Edwards hasnt proven anything, but nethir has Minor. Minor has only proven he can get 5 carries a game. I think hell b good, but u just dont kno yet.

U havent awnsered my question. What risk are we taking in Edwards. We could bring him in for almost nothing, and if he doesnt work out just cut him. So im interested to kno why tht is such a huge risk you not willing to take.

I'm down for edwards, i would love to see him come back ,especially with such enthusiam. Edwards and minor would b a good line up, and im sure they would both battle for the starting spot .. should b really fun to see. I hope the dolphins consider it.

Actually Edwards had a 5.7 YPC average in 2002. Minor with a 4.1 average in '02 and a 4.7 in '03. Just in case you were wonderin'

I wasn’t trying to claim that Minor was not a situational back and if I came off this way, then I apologize. I was pointing out that Edwards is the equivalent to Minor, a situational back, but Minor has healthy legs and has been pretty reliable. Your guess is just as good as mine whether or not he will be able to hold out through the full year.

Edwards would not be a monetary risk to the fins, but the status of his knee will never satisfy me that he could ever be a starter for a full game. Edwards is a walking miracle, shouldn’t even be able to walk/run, let alone compete in the NFL. I think that if Edwards became the starter, over Minor, his knee wouldn’t hold up throughout the whole season and then who would we put in there? That is the risk I am inferring to. The training that is lost on a potential injury risk is a burden to the team. If you want him back as a situational back like before, then I have no problem with that, but I think we can get that out of Leonard Henry as it stands now.

And to the next post, I was referring to his career stats 4.5 yards per carry, not Edwards’ 20 attempts for 107 yards for one year.

Back
Top Bottom