Someone PLEASE explain to me..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Someone PLEASE explain to me.....

M

MoFinz

Why in the Blue Hail :yell: we play not to lose instead of playing to win? I can never remember a Fins team so utterly uptight and conservative.
Wanny......don't go away mad, just go away

Agreed. I was not happy with us sitting on the ball with a minute left and all of our timeouts. Take a shot down the field for crying out loud.

Take a shot downfield??? That would work???

How many times has it worked this year???

Too risky turning the ball over down there when the defense is pinning it's ears back knowing we MUST pass to get in FG range.

The Ravens defense had a better chance of winning the game on one play in that situation than the Dolphins offense. Sad but, true. You play the hand you were dealt and you turn it over to your defense that has been playing lights out all game. You trust them to get the ball back to you if you lose the toss. Good call.

Obviously.

do u blame wanny for not taking a chance after a BAD interception by Griese earlier in the quarter, and the #1 defense in the AFC? Esp when the defense played flat out incredible?

Yes I do. Resaon being is this. If you throw the ball down the field, I am talking about way down field and it gets picked. It is really like a punt. Our defense would have been able to stop them from there in under a minute. They did it all game. The interception was clearly Griese's fault as he didn't look off the safety. I don't blame Wanny for passing at all since our running game is so putrid (really the entire offense is) that I feel we should have gone for the kill. Honestly, this team is close to being in desperation mode and needs a spark to get them going. Perhaps a long comlpetion would have done that.

We own and I am happy but I think, and most of the fans at Pro Player agree, that we should have at least tried.

But what if it didn't play out like that, they pick it off way down field, return it for a td. Or return it to within fg range, drive the ball a little and kick the game winning fg?

I'm glad we didn't try anything stupid. I was afriad griese would drop back and get stripped from behind again. With the way that game went I would rather have went into overtime and played a field positiong game.

I wasn't even specifying the last minute, i'm talking about the playcalling all friggin' game

Back
Top Bottom