Someone's take... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Someone's take...

TeeMoney

Kid A
Club Member
Reaction score
I read this on another site, what do you guys think?

~~Dyer looks out of shape, Irvin has the better chance at backup FB I think.
~~Donald Lee is a long shot to make the roster, he has a learning disability
(I think that's how I heard it) that raises questions about his ability to
learn a pro playbook.
~~I think Rogers (no D) really counts more as a receiver, I only saw him
catch passes in practice, he's pretty light as far as RB's go. Sam Simmons
is a long shot because of his size. Some good catches in practice aren't a
lot to get excited about; remember Robert Baker making a phenomenal catch
against TB to win the game in preseason two years ago, and he was cut. I
think because of his size, Simmons is looking at no more than a practice
squad spot.
~~Don't count out Jarvis Borum for the backup LT spot, the guy is a monster
size, and I really like him as a prospect even since he was with Arizona.

Chris Nelson

I think he's way off on Simmons, I'm biased cause I liked him last year and was glad he made it to PS. Donald Lee has dyslexia I think, I think he makes the team. I don't think Borum will make the team.

-um, FB is a toss up cause Dyer doesnt really fit Norv's O that well...
-Depending on how many TEs the fins want to keep will determine whether Lee makes the roster, if he had a learning disability that was that bad, he wouldnt of made it through college, he is supposed to be the best blocking TE out of the draft, since he will only be used in short yardage situations i would assume he could very well make the roster, if they choose to keep 3 TEs (McMichael, Battaglia, and Lee)
-Charlie Rogers will be used as only a kick/punt returner, even though he was promised he'd be more involved, i doubt he really will, the only question is whether to store him on the roster as a RB or WR....
-Sam Simmons's chances to make the team were reborn when Oronde went down with the ankle injury, although they still arent really that good...Robert Baker wasnt really cut last year, he was on the active regular season roster for at least a couple of games...
-Jarvis Borum is a monster in size, but lacks gut determination, in the NFL you need it or else u dont make it....Jarvis is definitely not a lock to make the team, but he is wasted talent until he becomes more tough....

Those are my thoughts....

MB

U cant be serious about sam simmons not making the team. blasphemy. sam simmons looks better than mcnight .

im just telling you what i think, its gonna be hard to pass up JR Tolver when the guy did amazing things for San Diego State....Sam Simmons's only shot IMO came around when OG hit the ground with the ankle injury...

This is either a very old post, or this guy is just out of the loop.

- Dyer came in out of shape. But he was in trouble anyway because he doesn't fit. The only reason he was re-signed was because Konrad was still exploring the market.

- Donald Lee will absolutely make this roster. He would have to absolutely tank not to be included, simply from a numbers standpoint. No way we go to battle with only Battaglia and Perry (who's really just a long snapper). Lee has impressed. And even if he had a learning disabilty, I'm sure he's already overcome it. I think that's just misinformation.

- Charlie Rogers is a KR. But if ANYTHING, he counts as a RB. He's been catching passes, yes. But he's catching them out of the backfield. He's also participating in the middle drill.

- Sam Simmons is definitely your #4 WR right now. Size or not, he's having an excellent camp. He won't be on ANYONE's practice squad.....because he's a "roster" player now. If not here, than somewhere else.

- And just who the heck is counting on Jarvis Borum?? I'd like to know of ONE person who expected him to make the roster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Someone's take...

Originally posted by Muck
[B
- Sam Simmons is definitely your #4 WR right now. Size or not, he's having an excellent camp. He won't be on ANYONE's practice squad.....because he's a "roster" player now. If not here, than somewhere else.

- And just who the heck is counting on Jarvis Borum?? I'd like to know of ONE person who expected him to make the roster. [/B]

As far as Simmons goes you're right , he will be on someone's roster. I hope it's the Phins. He has talent and determination.
Jarvis Borum may be a long shot but looks good so far. He's different then the other tackles we have. I hope he finds that mean streak he needs to dominate. Maybe Wanny should let him room with Nails so he can talk with him about being out of Pro Football.:rolleyes:

Sam Simmons will make the team, Wanny has talked so much about this kid that you can tell he will make the team.. and i really think he will be a good 4 receiver..

I think he makes it also. I even think he's ahead of Tolver. He may even push for the 3 spot later in the year.

And Charlie Rogers,will only be KR/PR... maybe alittle bit more, i dont think dyer will be released cause he is the best blocking fullback in the Dolphins...maybe konard got better at blocking, and Irvin makes the team and Dyer gtes cut?? who knows???

I don't think Dyer is even a better blocker than Konrad. Konrad always blocks the right man and rarely misses a block. Can't say the same for Dyer.

Two youngin's will make it as WRs. They're already talking injury settlement with OG. Right now it looks like it'll be Simmons and Tolver. Hopefully they'll keep it up. :)

Lee will make the roster for sure. I now think that Simmons will make it too(didn't think he would before this week)but Tolver will also make it, I hope so anyway.

Ozzy rules!!
24 days till the ozzfest!

Like one of the announcers at the Scrimmage said about Simmons size comparing to Duper/Clayton, how they took the whole "You have to be 6'2" to be a reciever in this league and shoved it".

Back
Top Bottom