Something Lighter To Talk About For a Change | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Something Lighter To Talk About For a Change

Michigan Mike

Club Member
Reaction score
Which network that hosts NFL related programming do you think does the best and worst job?

The worst has to be NFL network, hands down. Those old jocks on there are the most annoying people to listen to. Most of them can't put together a coherent thought and it is impossible to follow their rambling.

The best, and this is the toughest to pick since none of them are really all that good, has to be CBS since they have a good balance between analysts and former coaches and players without trying to be funny like Fox does.

NFL Network is my preferred source for anything NFL. Rich Eisen is my favorite anchor guy, and he makes the three-day long NFL Draft that much more bearable. I really like Steve Marriucci, Kurt Warner and Michael Irvin as well. The NFL GameDay crew all do a great job.

Chris Berman and Tom Jackson are a great tandem on ESPN (probably because they're old school), but the rest of them are replaceable and not all that interesting. Ray Lewis is kind of annoying since he has a tangent for preaching about every little thing...and no matter how much you want to make me think so, I don't consider Trent Dilfer to be a "quarterback expert".

I prefer FOX for broadcast NFL stuff. I like their pregame the most out of the broadcast networks, as well as their production overall. NBC has great production, and I love Al Michaels doing commentary, but their pregame guys (Dan Patrick, Rodney Harrison, etc) are quite boring. CBS is just boring overall - I don't like any of their anchor crews, although James Brown in pregame does a good job.

Maybe it's a coincidence, but I haven't liked CBS since they dropped Dan Marino on their pregame.

Back
Top Bottom