Something really funny | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Something really funny

breckenridge55

K-STATE PHIN
Reaction score
It's amazing how little respect we are getting again this year. Actually, this year it is just downright funny. We made the playoffs last year easily. This year we lost I believe 4 starters from last years team. They were Brian Walker (who we will dearly miss), Spencer Folau (who sucked and was 3rd string before injuries), Lamar Smith (who we got Ricky Williams to replace), and Daryl Gardener (who was a pain in the ass). To replace Daryl Gardener, we signed the massive Larry Chester who may be worse but can't be that bad. We got Jamie Nails (technically, since Dixon moves over, he is taking Folau's spot on the o-line) to replace him, and Folau was never good in the first place. Brian Walker I still believe we will miss dearly, but oh well. And then we got Ricky Williams to play for the pathetic Lamar Smith. So you would think we would be better this year right? Well ESPN's "football geniuses" don't think so and I find it downright funny. How the hell can not even half of their "experts" not only have us winning the AFC East, but not even in the playoffs? LMAO. 5 of their 11 "experts" pick us to get in the playoffs, and only 3 have us winning the AFC East. The rest count us out of the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl. LMAO. Well I guess thats good in a way because maybe we will play better as the underdog.

I don't think we'll miss Walker. Actually, I think we upgraded the position. Freeman is just about the same size as Walker. But Arturo has much better speed and range. On the downside, Walker was a bigger hitter. But Freeman hasn't given us any reason to worry. He's ready.

I AGREE WITH THE 2 OF UTES!!

I agree with Muck and BRECK in alot of ways but I definately think BRIAN WALKER right now is better than FREEMAN!! It all comes with the learning process.... EXPERIENCE!!! Freeman will get there though!! We will miss WALKER's ball jarring hits this year!!

This is Freeman's 3rd year. He ain't exactly a rookie. And he's looked better than Marion so far. He's always in position. It's no coincidence that Freeman moves to the dime position in 6 DB formations. I just think we'll be even better with Freeman starting. We certainly won't regress.

I dont know about you, but I've seen Freman out of position several times during this pre-season when moving to the dime. In fact I think our Dime package is our biggest worry with our defensive backfield right now. I think we need to look real hard to find another corner to either take over the nickel... moving Fletcher to dime.... or let him man the dime, keeping fletcher at the nickel spot, which would allow us to keep freeman at the safety spot all the time. I think he is a good safety, but I have vey unimpressed with his cover skills when matched up one on one with other teams receivers.

I can't say that I've focused on him too much in dime situations. I was referring to his play at safety. But he IS a safety. And if he could consistently handle another team's WR one-on-one, he'd still be a CB. And the ideal plan would be for him to stay at safety in dime situations.

MARION WILL BE ALRIGHT!!

Originally posted by jaxdolfan
Marion seems to be regressing...at least in preseason.

MARION is a STUD and I believe alot of you guys are overreacting a tad on his play!! He has been playing with a plethora of different DB"s in the preseason and it just a matter of getting back with the starters and getting comfortable with the COVERAGE CALLS!! I'll tell you one thing he shouldn't be supporting the run as much as he is!! If he bites on the run after a few 13-20 yd runs how can you blame him for being out of place on a playaction!! BROCK is a stud he needs to be appreciated!!

Originally posted by grooves12
I dont know about you, but I've seen Freman out of position several times during this pre-season when moving to the dime.
I think he is a good safety, but I have vey unimpressed with his cover skills when matched up one on one with other teams receivers.

Freeman did a pretty good job as the dime back last year. I remember him getting burned last year in the pre-season but not during the season.

We're going to miss Walker's hits.

Back
Top Bottom