Something to consider | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Something to consider

If JPJ is there, I don't see us, or really want to see us go Tackle until round 2.

I know the going TE is unrealistic, but I just have a feeling.
I would love that pick so much. Grier might take the tackle though, or a receiver, or an edge player? Or JPJ. My hope is JPJ…

Getting Smith as our new TE IMO makes us a much better team, but what if Miami is not done with that position, what if in the draft along with
some well needed O-line help, and possibly a new DT (Depending on Wilkins), Miami attempts to get another TE to groom as our starter in a few years, and very possible weapon this year depending how quickly he proves himself.

Don't totally expect Miami to now be out of drafting a TE in the Draft, and even more, don't think Miami might not still go TE in the 2nd or if Bowers by some craziness falls draft him in the 1st.
I certainly can't tell the future but my guess is we are not drafting a TE now, just way too many holes to try and fill with only two picks in top 4 rounds. We could take a flier late I guess but we will have big needs in the trenches I hope they will address before another TE at this point.

It seems very, very unlikely Miami will look at TE in R1(unless Bowers falls somehow) or R2 and with no 3rd or 4th they would have to bargain basement shop for one on Day 3.

You think we keep (4) TE's on roster? We didn't even really use 1 last year outside of almost a 6th OL.

Not at all. I'm just uncomfortable with 'never.' I doubt one is drafted, but, if Miami fills other critical holes, a TE could be a target. I doubt that happens. TE is now a LOW priority

There is no more pressing need than to find five good o-linemen and a few competent back-ups. But, every year, Grier just signs a guy or two and calls it a day. They need to finally quit stalling and just put all of their resources into building a good line. They can worry about other positions AFTER the line is done.

They're going into next season with holes on defense that will be filled with cheap JAGs because they don't have the cap space or draft picks to fill every hole with top talent. And, they also have a new DC, so the smart thing to do is to make sure that the offense can score a lot of points, since they probably won't be able to count on the defense being very good, at least not for a while. So, since Miami already has plenty of offensive weapons, the best way to help them be more effective is to FIX THE DAMN O-LINE!

With all the holes on roster, now (3) TE's signed, you expect us to draft another one? Yeah, I disagree. We aren't drafting a TE anymore.
I am good with Smith, Smythe and whoever falls in behind them in camp. Already a better combo than 2023 and no need to draft a TE unless Bowers falls into the 2nd round lol, ain't gonna happen.

We aren't done at TE is my sense. Nothing to support that with but I think we still bring in a TE in round two or if Bowers inexplicably falls in round 1.

Agree. Holker is IMO an upgrade over J. Hill & Tanner Conner. Further, his upside eclipses Smythe.

I'd wouldn't be disappointed if Miami acquires him.

p.s. During the combine, he reminded me of Joe Dirt er um I mean Kittle.

Yes, 3.5 out of 5 O-line positions need addressed + we need 7 defensive starters but let's tripled down on TE, a position we won't higlight!

I would love that pick so much. Grier might take the tackle though, or a receiver, or an edge player? Or JPJ. My hope is JPJ…

If JPJ is there, and we don't take him, I will be pretty upset...Especially if we go Receiver or Edge.

If JPJ is there, and we don't take him, I will be pretty upset...Especially if we go Receiver or Edge.
I’d love JPJ, Graham Barton maybe could also be had if the FO thinks he’s a better fit, but if Bryan Thomas WR from LSU is available and we drafted him and an offensive lineman in the 2nd round? That wouldn’t make me mad that’s for sure…

Back
Top Bottom