Something to ponder | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Something to ponder

dolfan87

The Human Bullet
Reaction score
I wrote this in another thread, and I know a lot of you already know this info, but I think it bears repeating.

I have heard a lot of complaints about the front office. Questionable moves being made over the last four years, and this off-season kicking off with the Marino fiasco, and the promotion of Spielman to GM over Wannstedt.

Now we have an unknown quantity at QB in Feeley.

However, Rick Spielman, had he been in this position for the entire four years, guess who we would be looking at on offense. FOR SURE Matt Hasselbeck would be our QB. He had the trade all worked out, and had to "go check with Dave Wannstedt". In the time it took him to "check with Dave", the Seahawks snagged Hasselbeck.

Puke

Next you would be looking at an offense sporting Chris Chambers, and Anquan Boldin, to go along with Ricky Williams, and Randy McMichael.

These are just two offensive moves that we are sure about. Who knows what other unknown things have gone down behind the scenes.

Now how is your Dolphins GM looking to you now? Two STUDS at WR, RW in the backfield, McMichael down the middle, and a pro bowl QB tossing the ball to all of them.

You put that in with our defense, and I think you have a solid shot to go deep in the playoffs.

So let go of the "same ole same ole" thinking when it comes to the management, and let's just see what Rick does without the handcuffs named Wannstedt.

Peace

Could of should of would of but we didnt so why bother talking about it. IT just makes us all hate DW even more. Even more of a reason i think he should have been fired.

Originally posted by dolfan87
... let's just see what Rick does without the handcuffs named Wannstedt.

Well said 87. I have enough respect for Spielman for both his work ethic and his straightforwardness in dealing with the players. I'm willing to give him a chance to prove himself.

Your points are worth a ponder.

For some reason...I keep pondering your avatar.

I have to agree, Rick deserves the benefit of the doubt. Lets see how he does the WHOLE off-season and we'll have a better idea of how good he is or bad for that matter.I'm betting he'll do good.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Danny
I have to agree, Rick deserves the benefit of the doubt. Lets see how he does the WHOLE off-season and we'll have a better idea of how good he is or bad for that matter.I'm betting he'll do good.

Ozzy rules!!

Well, I agree obviously, and I also feel that A.J Feeley is not the final QB that we will put in place. I have a gut feeling that we will pick up a vet a little later on as insurance, but Feeley will be given every chance to make something of himself. This way we have a fall back plan.

You're correct, we need to let the off-season finish up.

Dolfan87 you forgot one other detail...

It's also been documented during our GM search, that Speilman said that he didn't think Jamar Fletcher had the speed to play efficiently in the NFL, therfore we shouldn't go for him....hmm makes you wonder how good our cap situation would've been if we would be now, if we'd taken Fred Smoot instead. No more Sam Madison.

damn you wanny

Oh I totally agree Rhadaddy. Hell wasn't the Fletcher pick the year we were trying to trade that number one for Hasselbeck anyway?

Things will be different this season, let's just hope Spielman has the opportunities THIS season, that he has had in the past.

Speilman seems to be the brightest of the bunch for sure. I will also give him the benefit of the doubt and say he will do a fine job without the cuffs. At least better than you know who.

Funny thing is that JF met today with DW. Who cares - if we were really interested in keeping JF, he would have met with RS instead.

I applaud the job that RS has done!!

OUTSTANDING POST!!!!

Originally posted by dolfan87
I wrote this in another thread, and I know a lot of you already know this info, but I think it bears repeating.

I have heard a lot of complaints about the front office. Questionable moves being made over the last four years, and this off-season kicking off with the Marino fiasco, and the promotion of Spielman to GM over Wannstedt.

Now we have an unknown quantity at QB in Feeley.

However, Rick Spielman, had he been in this position for the entire four years, guess who we would be looking at on offense. FOR SURE Matt Hasselbeck would be our QB. He had the trade all worked out, and had to "go check with Dave Wannstedt". In the time it took him to "check with Dave", the Seahawks snagged Hasselbeck.

Puke

Next you would be looking at an offense sporting Chris Chambers, and Anquan Boldin, to go along with Ricky Williams, and Randy McMichael.

These are just two offensive moves that we are sure about. Who knows what other unknown things have gone down behind the scenes.

Now how is your Dolphins GM looking to you now? Two STUDS at WR, RW in the backfield, McMichael down the middle, and a pro bowl QB tossing the ball to all of them.

You put that in with our defense, and I think you have a solid shot to go deep in the playoffs.

So let go of the "same ole same ole" thinking when it comes to the management, and let's just see what Rick does without the handcuffs named Wannstedt.

Peace

Great Post! After listening to many call Spielman inept, and stop short of calling him the Anti-Christ, it's nice to read someone who seems to have enough confidence in Rick to know that he's compitent enough to make moves for the better of the franchise..

Back
Top Bottom