Sometimes... those red flags should be heeded. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sometimes... those red flags should be heeded.

Feverdream

Club Member
Reaction score

TAMORRION TERRY
WR, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/edge/football/nfl/player/64005/tamorrion-terry

The Miami Herald's Adam Beasley reports WR Tamorrion Terry was indicted for felony murder of a 21-year-old woman in a 2018 gang-related mass shooting in Georgia.​

21-year-old Za’ Quavia Smith was among at least seven people shot at the Studio 2.0 nightclub in Ashburn, Georgia, in June of 2018. The timeline puts Terry (among 10 others indicted for felony murder) at the shooting during the summer before the former's redshirt freshman year at Florida State. Terry was signed by the Seahawks in May but was quietly released on Wednesday.

I am a massive believer in past behavior predicts future behavior, thus player with red flags (especially in regard to character) should be devalued accordingly both in contract and drafting position.

I am a massive believer in past behavior predicts future behavior, thus player with red flags (especially in regard to character) should be devalued accordingly both in contract and drafting position.

I think to a degree you are right. People do change, but I think its important to see that change taking place before you invest resources into them.

I am a bigger fan of due process, there are a lot of facets to what happened with that shooting. Until the guy is actually convicted he should not be judged, innocent until proven guilty should be a real thing. If he is actually found guilty, then give him a needle and end his life or spend the rest of it in prison....

TAMORRION TERRYWR, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/edge/football/nfl/player/64005/tamorrion-terry

The Miami Herald's Adam Beasley reports WR Tamorrion Terry was indicted for felony murder of a 21-year-old woman in a 2018 gang-related mass shooting in Georgia.​

21-year-old Za’ Quavia Smith was among at least seven people shot at the Studio 2.0 nightclub in Ashburn, Georgia, in June of 2018. The timeline puts Terry (among 10 others indicted for felony murder) at the shooting during the summer before the former's redshirt freshman year at Florida State. Terry was signed by the Seahawks in May but was quietly released on Wednesday.

I wondered why he didn't get drafted because he's very talented. I guess now I know.

I am a bigger fan of due process, there are a lot of facets to what happened with that shooting. Until the guy is actually convicted he should not be judged, innocent until proven guilty should be a real thing. If he is actually found guilty, then give him a needle and end his life or spend the rest of it in prison....
Ya I am waiting for details on this case before casting any judgements.

In general, I agree. However, in any organization having a high degree of dependence of followers, reputation (good or bad) is a significant factor in employment. If, as reported, he's tied to a street gang, that influences his marketability to followers. Thus, he could be released to to marketability (bad press if you prefer). Given that, like you, wait for the outcome.

In general, I agree. However, in any organization having a high degree of dependence of followers, reputation (good or bad) is a significant factor in employment. If, as reported, he's tied to a street gang, that influences his marketability to followers. Thus, he could be released to to marketability (bad press if you prefer). Given that, like you, wait for the outcome.
I understand that point of view but just don't agree with it. Claiming 'bad press' to remove high profile professionals from their jobs simply empowers people to create false rumors just to hurt someone.

Unrelated but the arrest season is upon us. Frank Clark Friday, Barkevious Mingo today. Both appear to be in big doo doo.

Back
Top Bottom