Soon to be available RB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Soon to be available RB

clajoie_7

Starter
Reaction score
Eddie George is available probably by the end of this week since he's asked to be cut. Now I definitely don't think the Fins need him or could afford him, but who do you think would be a good fit for him? For some reason I keep thinking that Parcells will go for him to help out his situation in Dallas. With all of the bashing the Fins have taken with their additions in the offseason, Dallas is a team who hasn't really added anyone (Johnson excluded since he replaced Galloway). Any other teams out there that George would be a good fit???

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1842757

The article mentions a couple of other teams other than Dallas who are interested, Tampa Bay and Philly.

As long as he doesn't go into our division. He could solve some Patriot problems and may want to play for a winner. He could still be a dangerous back if used properly.

I read the article, but Tampa has too many RB's and unless Philly does some manuevering I don't know how they could come up with the money either. Anyways the question was asking people who they thought would be a good fit for him. What about Cleveland??

PFT has speculated on George heading straight for Oakland, and I wouldn't be surprised to see that come to pass.

As for the Cowboys I would say yes but, for some reason they are really, really high on Julius Jones. They think he's going to be the next Emmitt over there, they really do. Its kinda strange, actually.

clajoie_7 said:
I read the article, but Tampa has too many RB's and unless Philly does some manuevering I don't know how they could come up with the money either. Anyways the question was asking people who they thought would be a good fit for him. What about Cleveland??
Cleveland has 2 stud RB's already, both of which I would take over old Eddie George. I think George is going to Dallas to committee with Julius Jones. Which is good, one less big back to pound Zach Thomas into another injury.

I don't know if its Bill Parcells' way to go with a committee at RB. He seems to like to slot one guy for the bulk of duties even if its not a very good guy...get one man to shoulder the load and allow him the opportunity to grow into it or become a leader if he's going to...that sort of thing. I don't know I just remember that it seems like everywhere he's gone except maybe the Giants (just because I can't remember going back to 1991 whether he went with one RB primarily...OJ Anderson...or whether he did a committee thing) he's had one guy shoulder the load even if that guy wasn't that good...from Curtis Martin to Adrian Murrelle to Curtis Martin again to Troy Hambrick...and now Julius Jones.

I would rather have Emmitt Smith, and turn him around backwards so he will actually get postive yardage, than have Eddie George at this point in his career.
Sorry to knock Smith, but he should have hung it up before last season.

ckparrothead said:
PFT has speculated on George heading straight for Oakland, and I wouldn't be surprised to see that come to pass.

As for the Cowboys I would say yes but, for some reason they are really, really high on Julius Jones. They think he's going to be the next Emmitt over there, they really do. Its kinda strange, actually.

I've thought about it, and I can't think of another place he could go that would make any sense........Maybe Detroit. I know they drafted Kevin Jones, but george could be good insurance if Jones isn't ready.

George is washed up. He was a fool not to take Tennessee's reduced offer and try to beat out Chris Brown. (Fortunately, I saw this coming last year and signed Chris Brown in my fantasy league at year's end, so I'll be keeping him for a 12th round pick. Boo yah!)
Who will sign George? Look for either Cleveland or Oakland. The Raiders love over-the-hill players and don't have anyone who's yet proven themselves to be definitely better than George might be. Though I would see what Justin Fargas can do before picking up anyone else. As for the Browns, George was an Ohio legend in HS and college and the Browns aren't in great shape at RB anyway. Lee Suggs isn't proven, and William Green looks like a bust.

Eddie George isn't a premiere RB and is just declining each year. He's still got some juice left in him but who knows? Dallas seems like the most reasonable place for him to go, just to have some veteran presence and some backup if their highly touted Jones doesn't perform up to par.

phunwin said:
George is washed up. He was a fool not to take Tennessee's reduced offer and try to beat out Chris Brown. (Fortunately, I saw this coming last year and signed Chris Brown in my fantasy league at year's end, so I'll be keeping him for a 12th round pick. Boo yah!)
Who will sign George? Look for either Cleveland or Oakland. The Raiders love over-the-hill players and don't have anyone who's yet proven themselves to be definitely better than George might be. Though I would see what Justin Fargas can do before picking up anyone else. As for the Browns, George was an Ohio legend in HS and college and the Browns aren't in great shape at RB anyway. Lee Suggs isn't proven, and William Green looks like a bust.

In the same paragraph, you say Oakland should not pick up George until they see what Fargas can do, then go on to say Cleveland should pick up George because Suggs is unproven. It makes no sense, especailly if you consider that of the two, Suggs is MORE proven than Fargas. I would suspect he would end up in Oakland though.

pigskinguy said:
In the same paragraph, you say Oakland should not pick up George until they see what Fargas can do, then go on to say Cleveland should pick up George because Suggs is unproven. It makes no sense, especailly if you consider that of the two, Suggs is MORE proven than Fargas. I would suspect he would end up in Oakland though.
Definately, I think Suggs may be a suprise this season, as he was last. A lot of people didn't really pick up on how productive he was when he came in.

Phinz4Life said:
Definately, I think Suggs may be a suprise this season, as he was last. A lot of people didn't really pick up on how productive he was when he came in.

I agree, Suggs will have a good year. Probably better than what George would do at this point in his career.
Fantasy wise, I think Suggs may be one of the biggest sleepers of the year.

pigskinguy said:

Sorry, my bad. I see now that I was unclear. Let me put this two ways:

If *I* was an NFL GM, I wouldn't touch Eddie George with a 10 foot pole unless someone got hurt in training camp. I would let Fargas or Suggs/Green show me what they could do before making a move.

However, as you may have noticed, I'm not an NFL GM. So, putting on my Raiders hat, I could see them signing George because they're not sold on Fargas. And I could see the Browns signing George because they may or may not be sold on Green and Suggs.

Back
Top Bottom