sorry to say it... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

sorry to say it...

I would have preferred michael floyd from norte dame... then weeden in the second[/QUOTE]

as most everyone has known, Weeden wont and DID NOT last into the 2nd round, not even close, good thing we didnt go with that plan...

I would have preferred michael floyd from norte dame... then weeden in the second

Well you would have been about 15 picks too late to get Weeden in the second now wouldn't you?

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

I have strange feeling we will move up for k-wright

It was indeed just a strange feeling as Wright is gone.

Yeah accept for fact Weeden didn't make it to the 2nd round nor was he ever supposed to. Browns wanted him bad.

Sherman knows him better than anyone, I will trust his decision on Tannehill, for the first time in a long time I like our coaching staff

I'll put it this way, since 2011 NFL CBA includes a rookie salary that reduces the investment of developing a QB for a year or two, so a quality passer now offers better future value than imminent starters at another positions, specially if your team is weak on talent and you will need a full year to restore your chances of contending. Thus 1st round passer have more value than in previous years, because you are going for the highest reward on the next 4-5 years, not just focusing on the upcoming season.
It was cool to see Andy Dalton and Cam Newton playing to the highest level, but also I expect great things from other passers of the 2011 class, specially from some of the 1st rounders.
So we won't see much of Tannehill on 2012, but let's wait and enjoy Matt Moore's time, expecting the best from him, if Moore transforms into franchise QB, then Tannehill will become a phenomenal trade bait.

Man, i'm not happy with the pick either, but have to give the guy a chance to see if he can play or not..

But on topic, Weeden was taken in the first, so your scenario would've never worked.

I would have preferred michael floyd from norte dame... then weeden in the second

Nope......Weeden was picked by the Browns in the first, bottom-line the Phinz would have been STUPID to pass on Tanny. Ryan was an excellent pick with great upside IMHO :hump:

Back
Top Bottom