Sounds like Chan is back. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sounds like Chan is back.

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
Read this
Erroneously regarded as a passing game guru, Turner is a man who loves to bludgeon opponents with the running game, and Williams is his new human wrecking ball. Turner's preferred method is to get a lead and then use the run to protect it.

Sound famaliar?;)
At least now we have the horse to ride.

I looked at Chan as a guy that only threw past the line of scrimmage to WR's and wanted to run the clock for the 1st 3 quarters so that we could get to the 4th Q and win it.

If Norv distributes the ball to all the skills guys including RW and Konrad and the TE and mixes it up until we have a nice 14 point cushion and then let's RW do his thing - I will be happy. But we still gotta throw if 8 men are on the line.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Read this

Sound famaliar?;)

Nope. Chan had a game plan that my mother could figure out what was going to happen next. His calls were timid and he couldn't use a FB/TE if his life depended on it.

Turner is considered the one of the brightest offensive minds in the game. He's responsible for grooming people like Troy Aikman and made Brad Johnson look like a good QB and made San Diego's anemic offense into the 11th best in the league. He's had a top 10 offense more then 7 times.

Picking Turner up is the best move this team has made this offseason (bigger then Ricky Williams). Turner with Williams can turn this offense into a top 5-8 offense.

We all said the same things when Chan came on board and don't forget that we felt so mushy about Chan that we signed him to an extra year.
I guess it all goes back to that O-line, when you got it, you got it and when you don't, you don't. Chan's first year, decent line and Gailey is a genius, second year , no line and he's a moron.
We gotta get Norv the line too.

Originally posted by inFINSible
We all said the same things when Chan came on board and don't forget that we felt so mushy about Chan that we signed him to an extra year.

You guys here might have but after his first year here I sure wasn't convinced and bemoaned the fact he didn't get picked up the year before. Although it turned out to be a blessing in disguise because if he had left last year we would have been left with Mike Shula as our coordinator and probably wouldn't have gone after Turner. So it's all working out for the best now.

By the way. Turner did just fine in San Diego with what was considered San Diego's glaring weakness......their offensive line.

Chan was a good coordinater but Norv is considered a genius. If the billing is correct then we have nothing to worry about, Norv will ride Ricky all the way to the end of January.

In fact, if all goes well, the 'Fins could have as many as many as six- if not more- Pro Bowlers next year: Williams, Chambers, Fiedler, Thomas, Taylor, and Gardner (at end.) I'd say Wade, Bowens, Greenwood and Searcy, if they have good years, all have a shot at it too. :eat:

Chan sucked. Norv's offenses are successful and he is a great coordinator. He made San Diego's offense 11th in the league.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Chan sucked. Norv's offenses are successful and he is a great coordinator. He made San Diego's offense 11th in the league.
Chan was only as good as the run-blocking his line could produce for him - not much. We were still 11-5. But he too often did not come up a game plan that went with our strengths and/or the other team's D's weakness.

Norv will have RW and how he uses him and Chambers will go a long way to determining how far the Fins go in 2002.

Back
Top Bottom