Source: Dolphins request to interview Zampese | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Source: Dolphins request to interview Zampese

Would be a good hire and a good fit. Zampese shares Cameron's offensive philosophies. They are both part of the Air Coryell coaching tree that includes Ernie Zampese (Ken's father), Norv Turner (Niners OC), Cam Cameron (Dolphins HC), Mike Martz (Lions OC), Steve Fairchild (Bills OC), and Ken Zampese (Bengals QB coach)

All of these coaches have similar philosophies, with the exception of Martz. Ernie Zampese adapted Coryell's system to incorporate more of a power running game and more protection for the QB. Norv adopted Zampese's philosophy and taught it to Cam. Fairchild and Ken Zampese both learned the offense under Martz (Ken Zampese was the WR coach in 2000), but Martz is the only one out the tree that runs the system as the wide open attack that Coryell envisioned.

Garrett also has a working knowledge of the basic system from his time as the Cowboys QB coach so that shouldn't really be a leg up for Zampese.

On the other hand, Zampese coached Jon Kitna and Carson Palmer. Kitna showed a lot of improvement despite already having been coached up by Mike Holmgren in Seattle. And Palmer is...well he's Palmer.

Another interesting plus for Zampese is that he has been working under Bob Bratkowski who hails from the same Dennis Erickson tree as Scott Linehan. That might help in the transition from the Linehan offense to Cameron's offense, especially with C-Pep, since Zampese should know how to teach the concepts using famiilar reference points.

i thought cameron had said that he was going to be calling the plays as well so what is the point of hiring someone else. its stupid to bring a genius OC if he is not gonna call the plays and let someone else do it

i thought cameron had said that he was going to be calling the plays as well so what is the point of hiring someone else. its stupid to bring a genius OC if he is not gonna call the plays and let someone else do it

There's more to the OC duties than just calling plays....

offensive coordinater position ? i thought malarkey was stayin
Mularkey is staying. Cam just wants to utilize his special talents in a more appropriate manner, a way that will promote better moral, and inspire the team to a more motivated season. no one will look down on Mularkey as he washes balls>:sidelol:

Well!!

Mullarkey would actually accept the demotion and stay? I'm shocked.

It something about his family. About Zampesii, doesn't sound that bad, as a matter of fact sound excelent. Garret WILL go to Dallas, so better star moving foward with Zamp down here, but any qb coach from a high powered offensive team will do, Cam will be the one calling the plays anyway!! GO DOLPHINS!!:mad: :dolphins:

I've had my eye on Zampese for an OC position, either in college or the pros, for about a year now. He'd be a fantastic hire as OC/playcaller-in-training, but if we get him we should let Garrett walk. I don't feel comfortable holding him back while he's getting OC offers from other teams, that's just not classy.

Oh and by the way, if this signals Mularkey as TE coach, then WOOOHOOO!

What's up with that scary looking picture? :confused:

It did not state what capacity MM would stay on in ....

Could be anything from TE, QB, OC , etc ....

Still leaves room for Shula and an 'OC' .... in name only of course ...

Sounds right except they want Garrett for HC.

No they don't.

They want to hire him as OC as we should IMO.
The guy has a tremendous amount of respect he's built around the league and interest in him for an OC position is really building. He also is held in high regard for being a great candidate for a head coaching role in the future.

Would be a big mistake for us to let him go IMO.
A good organization will bring bright coaches up in the ranks just like they do with young players.

Mularkey to tight ends. Shula to QB's and Zampese to OC. Garrett to OC...in Dallas.
dude that picture you have of cam in your sig is great,,the colors he is wearing would be beautiful new uniform colors

From the Cincy papers

Bengals quarterbacks coach Ken Zampese is out of the running for the offensive coordinator's job with the Carolina Panthers, but he soon will be talking to the Miami Dolphins about their position.
The Bengals have given Zampese permission to interview with the Dolphins' new head coach, Cam Cameron, the Enquirer learned Tuesday.
Carolina on Tuesday announced the hiring of Jeff Davidson, who was interim coordinator for Cleveland this season after the forced resignation of Maurice Carthon.

From the Cincy papers

Bengals quarterbacks coach Ken Zampese is out of the running for the offensive coordinator's job with the Carolina Panthers, but he soon will be talking to the Miami Dolphins about their position.
The Bengals have given Zampese permission to interview with the Dolphins' new head coach, Cam Cameron, the Enquirer learned Tuesday.
Carolina on Tuesday announced the hiring of Jeff Davidson, who was interim coordinator for Cleveland this season after the forced resignation of Maurice Carthon.

Looks like we've got a straight swap with Garrett leaving for Big D and Zampese probably being brought in as OC.

Zampese might get a dual OC/QB coach job, or maybe Mike Shula is brought in for QB coach. Mularkey then moves to TE I guess, and I have to admit that I'm impressed with him if he's willing to take a demotion, it takes a lot to put your ego aside like that..

I wonder if there is any connection between Zampese and Jordan Palmer.

Back
Top Bottom