Source: Dolphins will host Michigan LB Jake Ryan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Source: Dolphins will host Michigan LB Jake Ryan

fisi

Active Roster
Reaction score
The Miami Dolphins are scheduled to host former Michigan Wolverines linebacker Jake Ryan for a pre-draft visit on April 2, a source told ESPN.com.
Ryan led the Wolverines with 112 tackles and also recorded two sacks and an interception last season. According to ESPN draft expert Mel Kiper Jr., Ryan is this year's fifth-rated inside linebacker.
The Dolphins lost three linebackers this offseason and need to add depth at the position. They traded Dannell Ellerbe to the New Orleans Saints, cut Philip Wheeler and allowed Jason Trusnik to test free agency. Miami also was 24th against the run last season.
Each NFL team gets a maximum of 30 pre-draft visits.

jack of all trade guy, lined up every where. Inside, outside, special team, every where. But not great anywhere, great guy though.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/75769/source-dolphins-will-host-michigan-lb-jake-ryan

I was looking up info on this kid just the other day and found this from Walter Football:

Jake Ryan, ILB/OLB, Michigan
Height: 6-2. Weight: 240.
40 Time: 4.65.
Projected Round (2015): 3-5.
3/7/15: Ryan showed flashes of his 2012 form in 2014, and looked better on a weekly basis. For the year, he totaled 112 tackles with 14 tackles for a loss, two sacks, two forced fumbles, one interception and three passes broken up. Ryan had three tackles for a loss with double-digit tackles against Penn State and Utah. He is a tough run-defender who needs to improve his pass coverage for the NFL. Ryan was solid at the East-West Shrine and ran faster than expected at the Combine.

8/23/14: After an ACL tear in spring practice of 2013, Ryan made his return to the field in amazingly quick fashion. In a limited role against Penn State in early October, he had three tackles and a tackle for a loss.

Ryan wasn't the same player he was in 2012, but he contributed for his team. The junior had 30 tackles with 4.5 tackles for a loss. Ryan would have been better off taking a redshirt and having another year of eligibility to play college ball.

Ryan was Michigan's best defensive player in 2012, so it was understandable why they were desperate to have him back. Ryan led the team in tackles with 88 in 2012. As a sophomore, he also had 16 tackles for a loss, 4.5 sacks, three passes batted and four forced fumbles in a sensational season.

Ryan recorded 37 tackles, 11 tackles for a loss, three sacks and one forced fumble in 2011. He is a pure football player with toughness, intelligence and good instincts.
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2015ILB.php#7dHH3dxDvOFCWfFJ.99

I watched a couple games of his on youtube and he looked pretty good. I remember seeing him at the combine and thinking that the Michigan connection with Ross might come into consideration if they took a LB in the middle rounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad they are looking at all possibilities at Mike backer.....I would really prefer an offensive playmaker at 14.

Good instincts. He showed it in the senior bowl. He diagnosis and moves with conviction to make the play. He made several plays in senior bowl.

People on here won't like him because his name is not kendricks.

I also believe McKinney is big on hickeys radar at 47 or big trade down in first.

I like it. He has pretty good size and speed. He'd probably be there in the fourth and he was at one point much better but due to injury will be a great value pick.

Good instincts. He showed it in the senior bowl. He diagnosis and moves with conviction to make the play. He made several plays in senior bowl.

People on here won't like him because his name is not kendricks.

I also believe McKinney is big on hickeys radar at 47 or big trade down in first.

Or that he isn't that strong at POA in college level and it will be much worse in the NFL.

Or that he isn't that strong at POA in college level and it will be much worse in the NFL.

Not if he has good character and work ethic. trumps all at next level.

and another note, in college, you are focused on many things aside from football in a big program like school. You dont have much time for other things.

When you have a job and nothing do deal with but your responsibilities but your job, then its easier to focus on working hard towards something bigger and better than who you were before.

Last edited by a moderator:
No one is taking Ryan at 14. I think he's a third rd guy, so maybe a target if we trade down and pick up a third.

Good they are investigating this position actively. I couldn't abide a bs "we are so happy with what we have in Chris McCain"-type statement. That "we are happy with Dallas Thomas" thing from Tannenbaum was such a joke.

Limited athlete...has trouble redirecting or changing direction in space...no real inside run game read and diag...game looks more to play outside lb but the athlete means probably wont work as a starter...looks like effort overachiever and career depth or specials guy

Of the list of miami private visits to date the only one i think we should have genuine interest in is devantae parker...not rowe not ryan not ramik wilson not Beasley in a 43 not stephone anthony

Limited athlete...has trouble redirecting or changing direction in space...no real inside run game read and diag...game looks more to play outside lb but the athlete means probably wont work as a starter...looks like effort overachiever and career depth or specials guy

Well they absolutely love Jordan Kovacs and thats the Safety version of Ryan.

I was so glad he hooked up with Samantha at the end of the movie.
I cant believe he let the Geek drive his Dad's Rolls Royce.

Back
Top Bottom