Source: Dolphins will host Michigan LB Jake Ryan | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Source: Dolphins will host Michigan LB Jake Ryan

not shocked we like Titus Davis. Watching him play he looks a lot like another CMU WR

NFL COMPARISON Brian Hartline

BOTTOM LINE Evaluators and teams might focus on Davis' lack of speed, but his ability to win with his routes should not be undersold. Davis has excellent ball skills and foot quickness and could be a terrific fit for a West Coast offense looking for an outside receiver who can make plays near the goal line.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/titus-davis?id=2552426

NFL COMPARISON Brian Hartline

BOTTOM LINE Evaluators and teams might focus on Davis' lack of speed, but his ability to win with his routes should not be undersold. Davis has excellent ball skills and foot quickness and could be a terrific fit for a West Coast offense looking for an outside receiver who can make plays near the goal line.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/titus-davis?id=2552426

Banes thoughts on him:

Titus Davis- Central Michigan: Has very nice feet and breaks down very well off the line and in his routes with balance, his speed seems great but i need to see him using it breaking away more, his hands are questionable.

(wasnt sure on his hands after watching film.... but i guess is said to have solid hands)

But I say not like Hartline!!! take that!!!

Of the players Daytona listed (post 27), Vigil (Utah St) will be a pleasant surprise whoever takes him on day 3. He's relentless & reminds me a bit of Zach T.

Rowe will not be a Sean Smith like disappointment but will need sometime to become an NFL Safety.

That said, the player from the U (here in SLC) the phins should be looking at is Brian Blechen who kept moving back and forth between LB & S. It will take some time but he could be a Kam Chancellor type for whoever acquires him.

Of the players Daytona listed (post 27), Vigil (Utah St) will be a pleasant surprise whoever takes him on day 3. He's relentless & reminds me a bit of Zach T.

Rowe will not be a Sean Smith like disappointment but will need sometime to become an NFL Safety.

That said, the player from the U (here in SLC) the phins should be looking at is Brian Blechen who kept moving back and forth between LB & S. It will take some time but he could be a Kam Chancellor type for whoever acquires him.

Sean Smith is a solid player. Wasn't worth the contract he got from KC, but I do feel that for various reasons fans at least here had unrealistic expectations.

And I do not see Davis as a Brian Hartline like WR. It's a lazy comparison for obvious reasons, but he looks a lot like Antonio Brown did coming out of college

Sean Smith is a solid player. Wasn't worth the contract he got from KC, but I do feel that for various reasons fans at least here had unrealistic expectations.

And I do not see Davis as a Brian Hartline like WR. It's a lazy comparison for obvious reasons, but he looks a lot like Antonio Brown did coming out of college

agreed here with Sean Smith man.... I was wondering why people were dissing him so badly. he was and still is a very solid CB in the league. what has he done to be disliked?

agreed here with Sean Smith man.... I was wondering why people were dissing him so badly. he was and still is a very solid CB in the league. what has he done to be disliked?

Long story short, back then if the Gurus back then loved someone people on the board thought those players were amazing. Sean Smith was their number 1 CB. Combine that with Mayock comparing him to Mel Blount on draft day and you got your answer (and his amazing one handed INT in preseason)

it also seemed like he dropped five or more interceptions per season. that was the perception. he made that one handed INT in preseason, then choked in the games when the ball hit his hands.

sounds like a camp body. probably not better than Misi and doubtful that he's an NFL caliber starting player.
We need to get better players than the guys on our roster.
Plus, this guy's already had a major knee injury.

I like his aggressiveness and his ability to attach the OLman and disengage to make the tackle. Wouldn't mine a 4-5 round flyer on him

Take note of my being critical of a player from my Alma Mater. Perhaps disappointment was too harsh? Some of the problem with Sean's Tenure in Miami was he wasn't used effectively... I bet he'd thrive in Seattle.

p.s I did catch a few Chiefs games this past yr and he got roasted (like a planters peanut) a few times.

Back
Top Bottom