Source: The Dolphins Have Released Veteran Wr Danny Amendola. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Source: The Dolphins Have Released Veteran Wr Danny Amendola.

Bummer, but I get it. Had to keep that $6mil. Played alright for the Fins. Hope the younger guys who stay on the team learned something good from him.
I really think this idea that young guys learn so much from these 30+ guys is an overrated notion. You really think Amendola taught guys like Grant or Wilson anything? I don't

I really think this idea that young guys learn so much from these 30+ guys is an overrated notion. You really think Amendola taught guys like Grant or Wilson anything? I don't

They may not teach much on the field. However, an older guy like Wake can demonstrate how to handle the media, how to prepare, how to eat well, what to say and how to act. I'm sure there are other intangibles. On the flip side, guys like Incognito could teach how to steal someone's lunch or where to hide their helmet.

On another thought, it's good to see that Flores doesn't make decisions to keep familiar guys such as Amedola.

How much cap space are we allowed to carry over to 2020 (are there even restrictions on that)?

I know you have to spend 85% of your cap space over a rolling four year average (or some arcane formula).

I understand clearing a ton of cap space now, but I can't see us spending much in free agency this year (gotta resign XMan and the draft class plus miscellaneous flotsam and jetsam).

Do I see us rolling into 2020 with a very significant amount of cap space?

How much cap space are we allowed to carry over to 2020 (are there even restrictions on that)?

I know you have to spend 85% of your cap space over a rolling four year average (or some arcane formula).

I understand clearing a ton of cap space now, but I can't see us spending much in free agency this year (gotta resign XMan and the draft class plus miscellaneous flotsam and jetsam).

Do I see us rolling into 2020 with a very significant amount of cap space?
well, we're getting rid of several players but we have to replace them. Of course the new guys won't cost as much. I can see several UDFA this year making the team.
Not sure how rolling money over works but if we don't go crazy in free agency then we should have a lot of room in 2020

I'm a little surprised there, only because he knows the NE way and could teach other players.

It's not a surprise, all of the veterans are being cut loose. We're tearing this thing down to the ground and starting fresh with young players. Like I said, all of those veterans were on their way out, Tannehill, Parker, Sitton, Gore, Wake, Quinn, Hayes, Kiko, and only salary is giving Reshad and TJ McDonald a chance. Veterans out, salary cap purge. Start from scratch.

It's not a surprise, all of the veterans are being cut loose. We're tearing this thing down to the ground and starting fresh with young players. Like I said, all of those veterans were on their way out, Tannehill, Parker, Sitton, Gore, Wake, Quinn, Hayes, Kiko, and only salary is giving Reshad and TJ McDonald a chance. Veterans out, salary cap purge. Start from scratch.
I agree and the only reason others haven't been cut yet is they're trying to trade some of them but they're finding no takers. I imagine by Monday or Tuesday they'll all be gone.

Back
Top Bottom