SOURCE: UF #2 in BCS | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SOURCE: UF #2 in BCS

How does Florida deserve it more than Michigan?

Florida hasnt looked very good most of the season, and Michigan has one loss, which was to the #1 ranked team ON THE ROAD by 3 points.

I really hope Florida can stay competitive

Benched said:
Thats right! We're coming, OSU!

UM would have given a much tougher game than UF. UF has no clue to how good OSU's D is and how fast the receivers are. Um, and then there's Troy Smith who is hands down the best playmaker at the QB position. I actually hate OSU, but have seen them closely for 4 years. I would root against them normally, except for now. Break out the band-aids Leak.

Congrats to the Gators.They have had so many injuries the last couple of games I hope they can heal some of them in time for the big game.

Alex44 said:

Florida hasnt looked very good most of the season, and Michigan has one loss, which was to the #1 ranked team ON THE ROAD by 3 points.

because we've played a tougher schedule and won our conference?

Alex44 said:

Much tougher schedule and conference championship.

Alex44 said:

Maybe this will help you.

Espn said:
Florida beat nine teams that are projected to play in bowl games. Michigan beat six.

Michigan beat five teams that finished the season with losing records. Florida beat two teams with sub-.500 records.

Michigan's best win is considered a 27-13 victory over Wisconsin on Sept. 23. The Badgers are 11-1 and have climbed to No. 7 in the AP Top 25 poll, despite having played only one ranked opponent -- the Wolverines -- the entire season.

The 12 teams Florida defeated finished the season with 11 combined wins against opponents which were ranked in the AP Top 25 poll at the time the game was played. The opponents Michigan defeated claim just three wins against ranked teams (Notre Dame beat Penn State. Indiana beat Iowa. Vanderbilt beat Georgia. The Nittany Lions, Hawkeyes and Bulldogs, it should be noted, haven't been ranked in seven weeks).

The Gators went 3-1 against ranked opponents, beating then-No. 13 Tennessee, No. 9 LSU and No. 8 Arkansas and losing at No. 11 Auburn. The Wolverines went 1-1 against ranked opponents, beating a highly overrated No. 2 Notre Dame team (that lost to Michigan and USC by a combined total of 46 points) and losing at No. 1 Ohio State 42-39 on Nov. 18.

The Gators played Western Carolina, a Division I-AA team, and won by 62 points. The Wolverines played Ball State, which should be a I-AA team, and won by eight.

Michigan didn't win the Big Ten; Florida won the SEC. Winning your conference should be a prerequisite for playing in the national championship.

Alex44 said:

There isnt a single legit reason why UF shouldnt be playing OSU

DonShula84 said:
There isnt a single legit reason why UF shouldnt be playing OSU
Very true..Michigan is maybe the 2nd best team in the country, but bottom line is they SHOULDNT get to play us twice.

Back
Top Bottom