Sources: Atlanta Thrashers sold, being Moved to Winnipeg | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sources: Atlanta Thrashers sold, being Moved to Winnipeg

great news for the NHL ... hockey should stay in canada and in the northern part of the USA

Next up ? the comeback of the Quebec Nordiques... bank on it ;)
I think there are a few exceptions to the rule though. Like Tampa and perhaps Phoenix. Definiterly San Jose and LA. I don't know if you consider Washington as a cold weather city or not but it's pretty mild in this area.

Florida has no business having 2 franchises. Panthers should be moved to some Canadian city.

They love it in San Jose.

Do there seriously need to be teams in Columbus, Atlanta, Nashville, Florida, etc., when there could be teams in Hartford, Quebec, Kansas City, Seattle, or another colder area?

They love it in San Jose.

Do there seriously need to be teams in Columbus, Atlanta, Nashville, Florida, etc., when there could be teams in Hartford, Quebec, Kansas City, Seattle, or another colder area?
I don't know a hell of a lot about Western Canada, but how about Saskatchewan?

They're actually making a ton of $$$ off of oil revenues right now. They should put one in Regina or Saskatoon. It wouldn't be a bad fit.

3 teams in the state of california is too much.

2 teams in the state of florida is too much

nashville did support their team during their playoff push, just like phoenix did... but during the season the stadium is half empty because of the mild interest...

the same can be said about the new york islanders and the atlanta thrashers... I know canada's market is smaller, but we have enough people to sell out at least two more arenas and that's what everyone wants; owners, players, and the fans

It was about time winnipeg got its team back, they have their new arena since 2003 (approximately) and they've been flirting with the NHL and its owners ever since. They were ready for awhile now.

Quebec city is building their arena as we speak and they have their owner ... it's a matter of time, like winnipeg, before something happens... 2015 is realistic in my mind

Back
Top Bottom