Sources: Irish hire defensive coordinator, QBs coach | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sources: Irish hire defensive coordinator, QBs coach

DonShula84

Sporty Don
Reaction score
SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- New York Jets defensive backs coach Corwin Brown will be introduced as Notre Dame's defensive coordinator Friday and former Irish player Ron Powlus will be named quarterbacks coach.
Brown will replace Rick Minter, while Powlus will replace Peter Vaas, two people familiar with the hiring said Thursday. They requested anonymity because they were not authorized to release the information. Both Minter and Vaas were in their second stints at Notre Dame.
Coach Charlie Weis called a news conference for Friday to introduce them.
Brown has been defensive backs coach with the Jets for the past three seasons. The 36-year-old Chicago native played for the New England Patriots from 1993-96 and Jets from 1997-98. Weis was an assistant on the teams during those years. Brown spent three years as an assistant coach at the University of Virginia before joining the Jets in 2004.

I've read Corwin is a pretty good recruiter based what he did at Virginia so hopefully he can help bring in some dline/lb talent. It's the one area that Weis hasnt been able to adress in his first two classes. It was obvious Minter wasnt going to last though so hopefully Corwin and help. Not sure what the problem was with Vaas though.

I would've made a run at Tim Lewis myself.

Back
Top Bottom