South Florida Fins Fans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

South Florida Fins Fans

mgioa2

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I will prefice this by saying that I live in Boston, but have been a Dolphins fan for 27 years. I will always be a fan of the Fins. I remember crying when they lost to San Diego in that 1982 epic playoff game. I feel that I, like most fans, have endured so much with this team, not unlike how I feel about the Red Sox. It is one in the same.

So I will get right to the point of South Florida fans. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND YOU!!

When the Fins played in the Orange Bowl there was nary a seat to be had. Maybe it was Marino, maybe the expectations were more achievable. But people walking out at halftime for a game they paid to see? I don't get it folks. I have never even turned a Dolphin's game off, even the horrible ones. That is what being a fan is about. You should see the Pats fans. When they had down years in the late 90's, and a decrepid stadium to freeze their butts off in, they came to see if their team could knock-off a playoff bound team. And many times they DID! Remember?

I am kind of embarrased by the apathy and cry baby nature of Dolfans. Everyone wants to win you know! That is the nature of competition. But you are showing your true colors when the stadium in not quite full to begin the game and even less so at halftime.

That's all I have to say.

What, am I susposed to be impressed about how good of a fan you are? Either shut the fark up or do something about it. Bragging about how good of a fan you are isnt going to fix anything.

I feel your pain mg. I, and all the other fin fans in the sports bar I watch the games at, were very saddened and disheartened to see the emptiness of that stadium both at the beginning of the game and at halftime.

Having said that, I'm from South Florida, and the South Florida fans are fair weather fans. They only support the Dolphins when they win. When they're losing, they bail. Believe me, been to that stadium many times when the fins were losing and it was half empty. Also have spoken to many fin fans while living down there and they don't support the team like others do their teams.

It's a sad state of affairs. And 'pate, by the way, how can he do anything else living in Boston, but try and rally the Dolphin fans. There's nothing wrong with that.

Im there every game, from beggining to end. There are some other season ticket holders that sit around me that leave in the 3rd quarter if we're losing, every time. I just dont get it.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
What, am I susposed to be impressed about how good of a fan you are? Either shut the fark up or do something about it. Bragging about how good of a fan you are isnt going to fix anything.

You completely missed the point.

It's really not as bad as he thinks.

For instance-

I live in S.C.

Last year at the Jets game I was still out in the parking lot eating shiskabob and drinking beer at the opening kickoff. I was disappointed about missing the first 3 minutes of the game but it was shrimp, steak, tomato, potato, and pineapple on the grill with a couple of Dos Equis man!

I made my way in at around 13 minutes left in the 1st qtr.

At the half it's a madhouse to get a beer, p, or whatever.

Throw on top of that at the half the excellent azz kicking I saw a Dolfan give a Jet fan and I should be excused from making it back for the kickoff.

I drove 1200 miles round trip on three seperate occassions last year. I stay on the beach ($) for three days. I paid for a family of four one time and my wife and I on another (just the guys for the Jets game :D). I stay til the sweet or bitter end.

It costs all this and I'm still not in my seat at the opening kickoffs?

Before you complain....

Go there, experience it, and see where you are for the opening kickoff.

Originally posted by Muck
You completely missed the point.

Not only did he miss the point, but he demonstrated the point.

:dunce:

I'm not sure I understand the reasoning of this thread. I go to games. I've gone to every home game in the last 4-5 years, and before then sproradically for the 5 previous. I go out there and yell my myself hoarse. Last time, I chanted "Wannstedt sucks", too.

I'm part of that segment he's calling out. I'm a South Florida Dolphins fan And guess what? I dont appreciate being called crybaby or apathetic. I dont care where he lives, he should get his *** down here and support the team if he doesnt like how it's done. Maybe he would have a leg to stand on if he came down here and went to the games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess what. I've been to the games down there. When I lived there (from 1979 until 4 years ago) I was a season ticket holder. I have witnessed the half empty stadium and the boos for the team when they're losing first hand. It's not pleasant and I don't believe it's appropriate to do at a football game. That being said, why should he move down to Miami. Why can't he try to motivate the Miami fans from Boston? I'm certainly not going to move back there. But I will try my freakin darndest to motivate the Miami fans to go to the games and support their team (win or lose).

It's a copout. The tagline goes like this:

If you don't live in the Miami area.....or you're not financially capable of attending games.....you still have no right to say anything.

Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Muck
It's a copout. The tagline goes like this:

If you don't live in the Miami area.....or you're not financially capable of attending games.....you still have no right to say anything.

Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Muck,

I agree with that but don't you think it's a little condescending to judge others about the opening kickoffs when you have not experienced it yourself?

Honestly I don't think a game is decided with the opening kickoff............

Well, maybe the Tennessee game but that was an away
game. :lol:

That's what the guy has said he had a problem with. The panoramic shots at the opening kickoffs.

Most people have noticed that I am a die-hard fin fan, and guess when the last game I attended was?

it was like 1992 against the red shirted white pantsed patsies ( i dont count the 1996 pre-season game against the jags)...I never went cause I was too young to go and my parents were always working, and when I got my license, I was going to go to the Indy-Miami playoff game a few years back, but at the last minute, my parents grounded me (yes, they grounded me at 16, its been worse folks) so i didnt get to see it, and to make it worse it wasnt on TV, the amazing runs by Lamar Smith, etc....) Now that I have many freedoms at 19, I drove to fan fest and such, I just never had money for tickets, and I was always working, and I want to go to a game so bad!!!! And now i am stuck in orlando with tons of college work?

So, Disgustipate, am I a fairweather, crappy fan cause I havent been fortunate enough to attend a game in over 10 years? you tell me....

I didn't see where he said he'd never been to a game. But that's not really the point.

Hey, I've been to tons of games. And it always p*sses me off when the stadium isn't filled up at kickoff. Halftime I can totally understand. But kickoff I don't dig. IMO there should be a wall of sound at the kickoff. And the people leaving early....I've experienced it, and it befuddles me.

Then again, I get there at 10 AM for tailgates. ;)

your suppose to get drunk before the game so you dont have to worry about a beer. also drink liquor and put it in a flask. losers....... J/k:lol:

but seriously, i dont buy the beer line thing. i saw empty seats up front on the fifty in the third quarter when action was heating up. just sad state of affairs. thats all.

Back
Top Bottom