Sparano: Dolphins will have run-first offense 'because that's my nature' | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sparano: Dolphins will have run-first offense 'because that's my nature'

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Tony Sparano says his ground-and-pound approach is here to stay.

Despite owner Steve Ross' request for a more explosive offense, and the front office's admission that the team must add more speed, its coach said the Dolphins will remain a run-first offense under his watch.

"We're going to continue to run the football because that's my nature. It might not be popular with everybody, but that's what I like to do. There are some teams in this league that got very far being able to do it," Sparano said at the NFL's owners meetings.

"We're going to continue to run the football. It might look a little different the way we go about doing it. When it comes time for us to open some things up [with the passing game] we're going to be able to do it. We're going to be a little bit more vertical."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...-owners-meeting-0323-20110318,0,2209654.story

I don't have a problem with this as long as we score an win.

Sparano: Dolphins will have run-first offense 'because that's my nature'

No. I think what Sparano meant to say was:

"Dolphins will have a run-first offense because "I have no imagination, am boring and content with running on 3rd and long in the 4th quarter when down by 21 points""

At least us fans will be well rested...

clear.gif

clear.gif

Did we have a run first offense last year when Thigpen played??

A little bit more vertical?

does he mean more than 1 deep pass a game like last year?

how about at least one deep ball a series buddy!

Yeah Tony great. The owner needs to put azzes in the seats with some excitement, asks for a more explosive offense and you're essentially telling him based on your impressive accomplishments that he should eff-off. Sorry but 1 home win doesn't earn the capital that's required for you to safely hunker down once the sh*tstorm hits.

Ironically i had a boss named morono for real..
he would just do his own thing
not effectively using the strengths and weakness of his people
had his own favorites who got away with whatever they wanted
and naturally his ship sank and production went down
and finally somebody new was brought in to clean up his mess..
unfortunatly we are still cleaning up mr. moronos mess..

We're going to continue to run the football because that's my nature. It might not be popular with everybody, but that's what I like to do. - Sparano
Sounds great. Miami has their best games when they battle in the running game. I love watching those games. Those are the games where you can expose the other team's weaknesses and beat them. But you have to be physically conditioned extremely well to do it. And the O-line has to have a strong sense of itself. They have to know their assignments and hit them every time. It takes a lot of work to have a good ground game. But I like that style offense and think opposing teams hate to play against strong running teams no matter what they tell the press.

This sounds like fun. No RB? Check. OL has more holes than swiss cheese? Check. LETS RUN THE BALL!

The only way Sparano makes it through this year is if the lockout continues uninterrupted.

No problem with being a run first team. There will be more passing, Sparano even says that. They want to control the ball and clock. Just means they are not going to go into every play with pass on their mind. A successful running game will open up the passing game and mean more big vertical plays. Nothing wrong with that philosophy as long as you can build a strong running game.

This is priceless. Morano is an idiot. He abandoned the run game so much last year. I guess that could be because of the steller line he had going there, OLine Guru me azz. Quick stat check 2010: Pass Plays 557 Rushing 445. Morano to "continue" doing something requires you were already doing it.

This sounds like fun. No RB? Check. OL has more holes than swiss cheese? Check. LETS RUN THE BALL!

The only way Sparano makes it through this year is if the lockout continues uninterrupted.

How about we have free agency and the draft before saying this team doesn't have any running backs. The line is not in real bad shape, just really needs an upgrade at the guard position.

You just want Sparano gone because he owns Rex and the Jets.

Back
Top Bottom