"Sparano has seen enough of McCown,Beck" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Sparano has seen enough of McCown,Beck"

NYPhin24

Scout Team
Reaction score
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-2-68/Sparano-has-seen-enough-of-McCown--Beck.html

This article can either make it out to seem like Sparano either has not been happy with what hes seen from those 2 QB's or on a more optimistic note for them that he has seen them make enough throws to make a decision and now needs to see more from the Chad's. Dont know which way to take it whether its a sign of bad things to come for McCown and Beck that they basically have no chance at the starting job or even to back up Pennington which Henne would take that roll, or if he just needs to see more reps from the other two.

Thoughts?

Saw this quote:

"I've seen, between spring and now, about over 500 throws," Sparano said "I've seen an awful lot of them. I'm starting to get a pretty good picture one way or the other.

Cant be good. Belicheck, has seen enough of Brady, Coughlin enough of Eli, Holmgren enough of Hasselbeck. Pretty sure those guys are all getting the lion's share of the snaps in their camps.

Saw this quote:

"I've seen, between spring and now, about over 500 throws," Sparano said "I've seen an awful lot of them. I'm starting to get a pretty good picture one way or the other.

Cant be good. Belicheck, has seen enough of Brady, Coughlin enough of Eli, Holmgren enough of Hasselbeck. Pretty sure those guys are all getting the lion's share of the snaps in their camps.

:up:

Saw this quote:

It strikes me curious that he didnt say he "has seen ALOT of them".....he said he "has seen an AWFUL lot of them."

It wouldn't surprise me a damn bit at this time if they cut Beck and McCown and sign Quincy Carter to be the third guy. :d-day:

I think anything gleaned in support of any of the possible directions the situation could end up is probably the result of reading into it too much. However, speculation can be fun if it doesn't go too far.

Your point?

Please. Dont be this way. Im obviously making the point that his comment struck me curious. I mean after all, he DID NOT have to use the word awful when making that statement. He couldve simply said he has seen alot of them, instead of an awful lot of them. Im not saying it means anything at all. I donno. Im just saying it strikes me curious. Am I allowed to do that?? Get off my back please. What is the point to make a response that says...."your point?"?

John Beck simply is not in the plans with this current regime. The Trifecta has already picked up in long time ago probably, too. You have to blind not to see it.

I just hope we can get some type of compensation for him be it a player(rumored Bobby Carpenter would nice) or pick.

I'd hate for a 2nd round pick to go down the drain.

It wouldn't surprise me a damn bit at this time if they cut Beck and McCown and sign Quincy Carter to be the third guy. :d-day:
maybe ... but i would at least like to see beck traded to try and get something for him if the F.O does decide to cut him ... that would be another wasted pick if we didn't

Your point?

I think the point is that Sparano has seen a lot of both Beck and McCown and now they are getting no reps. It was supposed to be a competition between these guys to start.

I understand that Pennington was the obvious monkey wrench.

Now they are just looking to see who can be the third guy between the two.

No doubt the big two coming in have been underwhelming.

Please. Dont be this way. Im obviously making the point that his comment struck me curious. I mean after all, he DID NOT have to use the word awful when making that statement. He couldve simply said he has seen alot of them, instead of an awful lot of them. Im not saying it means anything at all. I donno. Im just saying it strikes me curious. Am I allowed to do that?? Get off my back please. What is the point to make a response that says...."your point?"?

It's neither here nor there, it's just a word. Based on what we've seen in camp that last three days with only Henne and Pennington throwing the ball, none of the QB's on this team are taking charge. INT's, sacks, bad throws, they are all still there no matter who is throwing the ball. So all we know is the QB situation isn't great. I don't see any reason to single out one word in a press conference and assume it means something cause the word AWFUL could apply across the board.

It's neither here nor there, it's just a word. Based on what we've seen in camp that last three days with only Henne and Pennington throwing the ball, none of the QB's on this team are taking charge. INT's, sacks, bad throws, they are all still there no matter who is throwing the ball. So all we know is the QB situation isn't great. I don't see any reason to single out one word in a press conference and assume it means something cause the word AWFUL could apply across the board.

I didnt assume it meant anything. Just stated it struck me curious.

Back
Top Bottom