sparano/ireland tied together | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

sparano/ireland tied together

dolphinbryan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
if this team does not turn it around fast both need to go together and the process of courting bill cowher john gruden or jeff fisher will begin :up: your thoughts dolfans?

They both "need" to go...but I don't think Ireland will get the axe. He will put his own schill in place next year and it won't be for another three years after that until Ireland gets the axe....

I think both need to go but the proper way to go about it would be to find the right GM and let him find the coach. The relationship between GM and coach has to work. And the problem I see with hiring a big name coach is that they'll want full control. I like Cowher but I have no clue how he is as a personnel guy, he's never done it before. Gruden as a coach is good but as a personnel guy he's terrible, that he's proven. That's the issue I have with the Parcell's ego of big name retreads they want to "shop for the groceries, if they're going to do the cooking" and in Parcells case he did the shopping but didn't like what he picked so he left the kitchen.

IMO getting a bright, young GM who's not affraid to take chances (unlike Ireland who only wants to play it safe), within reason, is where we need to go first.

They're not that tied together since Ireland was a on a plane with Ross looking for Tony's replacement. They both should be fired after the season is over though, barring a playoff win.

I completely agree with the poster above me as well. What we need is the right GM first and foremost. Look at the Falcons, who were in the same crap heap as us after 2007. They hired Thomas Dimitroff, a young up-and-comer personnel man from the Patriots. 3 years later they're averaging 11 wins a year, being the #1 seed in the conference, with a young franchise qb, while we're regressing. This year they went all in with Julio Jones, they want a Super Bowl. Jeff Ireland wants to save his job.

Not sure ireland will be fired either. If he is an impediment to a certain coach maybe but Ireland seemed fine trying to hire Harbaugh while Sparano was still here. There are things that make Irleland seem less than ideal but he has done a solid job , just way too many early round misses

If Ross wants Cowher or Gruden, Ireland will be fired

They're not that tied together since Ireland was a on a plane with Ross looking for Tony's replacement. They both should be fired after the season is over though, barring a playoff win.

I completely agree with the poster above me as well. What we need is the right GM first and foremost. Look at the Falcons, who were in the same crap heap as us after 2007. They hired Thomas Dimitroff, a young up-and-comer personnel man from the Patriots. 3 years later they're averaging 11 wins a year, being the #1 seed in the conference, with a young franchise qb, while we're regressing. This year they went all in with Julio Jones, they want a Super Bowl. Jeff Ireland wants to save his job.

The Path the Falcons took is the exact one the new regime needs to take. Ireland absolutely needs to go if only for the reason that he doesn't have the stones(by his own admission) to take high-risk high-reward players. These are the players we'll need to draft in order to turn the whole thing around.

In other words, we "kind of know what we're getting" with you also, Jeff.

Back
Top Bottom