Special Teams in the Offseason | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Special Teams in the Offseason

Dolfan4life

Starter
Reaction score
Jeff Ogden has got to go.

We never return kickoffs for TD's. Lets get someone (maybe Chambers) back there and return some kicks. What a difference those plays make.

Question?
When was the last time we returned a kickoff for a TD?

Matt Turk rules, we need him if we want to continue to play the field position game.

Mare is the man!!!

P.S. Ogden is terrible (fumbleitis)

We never return kickoffs for TD's. Lets get someone (maybe Chambers) back there and return some kicks. What a difference those plays make.

Sorry, but ,Chambers returning kicks is just to scary for me. Yes he would have a great return average, however the potential for disaster (injury) is just to much to bear.
I agree about Ogden, after awhile, it just seemed he was to afraid to make the right choice, which ofcourse lead to stupid decisions.

BB

I am sure Turk will be our next priority UFA to re-sign :cool: we must keep him to keep consistency in the punting game

I would like to see Ward or a rook returns kicks and get rid of Ogden. CC also scares me - I still remember when we used Troy Vincent for KR or PR and he got hurt and missed the entire year. :cry:

I would guess Fulton Walker in 1983 SB was the last KR for TD :eek: Brock got one where he ran out of steam and was talking at like the 5 yard line once :lol:

I hope Turk resigns, he is a great punter. Ogden has no place on this team and should lead, and Ward should return punts.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I hope Turk resigns, he is a great punter. Ogden has no place on this team and should lead, and Ward should return punts.
we agree again :cooldude:
clear.gif

Originally posted by dolphan39
we agree again :cooldude:
clear.gif

LOL...isn't it funny how we can all be fans of the same team and disagree on so many things? :D

Originally posted by dolfan87
LOL...isn't it funny how we can all be fans of the same team and disagree on so many things? :D
:lol:

too bad Marino's hey days pre-dated msg boards like this since we all would have at least agreed on the QB and been complaining about Shula or Cox instead :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Dolfan4life
Jeff Ogden has got to go.

Funny, this time last year I can remember Dolphin fans calling for Matt Turks head on a platter,what a difference a season makes. I believe that Miami had one of the strongest S-Team unit this season and basicly there wasn't much of a dropoff from the Westoff coached teams of the past. If you are basing your opinion of Miami's special team play purely on the amount of touchdowns scored,, then I think you have to take a few steps back and take a look at the whole picture. The Dolphins have historicly one of the best S-T units since Don Shula became the head coach in 1970 !!! Touchdowns are an added plus to have on punt and kickoff returns. but to change a successful unit that has been categorically one of the top 10 S-Team units consistently in the league is assinine. Marino1983

Our special teams are solid. I love Turk and Mare, they are a big part of our team. I agree you have to look at the unit as a whole. I also agree that Ogden should be waived. I kind of like him as a 4th WR but given his horrible special teams play he is not worth a roster spot. I don't see him going anywhere, I think he is one of Wanny's pets. We'll just have to live with it. If anything hopefully Wanny will bench him like Martz benced Az-Akim. They both fumble but at least Az had big play capablity! Ogden offers nothing in returning punts, I shake my head at why he still has the job.

Chambers should not return punts. Minor should be given a look at both punt and kick off returns.

Ogden is a fifth WR. Ward, Chambers, McKnight, and Gadsden are all WAY better than him. He is a fourth WR on a team with really bad WRs.

Back
Top Bottom