Special Teams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Special Teams

CSONKA1966

Active Roster
Reaction score
We all tear apart everything and give our input about everything on the team. We very seldom talk about special teams, yet as a unit, it is a very important part of the team. From the gunners, kickers, punters, etc With 3 months left of the offseason. it might be fun to discuss special teams

I think our special teams have improved although the punt unit could be improved. I thought we pressured opposing punters and had decent coverage. Kick offs were consistently vg imo.

ST's is the reason a few players make the team every year that some people didn't think they would. You always need 4 or 5 guys that their main job is to play ST's. I'm not talking about K,P,LS or return guys either. I mean players that play on the cover teams and return teams.

ST's is the reason a few players make the team every year that some people didn't think they would. You always need 4 or 5 guys that their main job is to play ST's. I'm not talking about K,P,LS or return guys either. I mean players that play on the cover teams and return teams.
apparently, we value those guys, with the money we gave to Cethan Carter and Fejedelem. Hope they both prove to be worth the investment!

"The Dolphins rank first in the league in punt return average (13.9) and kickoff return average allowed (16.8); they are second in punt return average allowed (4.3); and they're fifth in field goal percentage (96.0)."

These things don't happen by accident.

Some can't grasp the concept top ST guys are hard to find and make more than league minimum.
Plug and play . . . NOT

Is Darren Rizzi still the special teams coach? That guy is the real MVP.

Head coaches come and go but Darren Rizzi is forever.

When we pin a team inside their 10, if the defense does their job of a 3 and out. With Sanders, we are almost guaranteed at least 3 points. Heck we could have 3 all-pros just on special teams next yr

Sanders had a great season, remember Raekwon McMillan going down, Jakeem breaking a few....yet every special teams player deserves praise for the high tempo crazy plays that happen. Just crave the day that after every big run back we are not holding our breath to see if a blocking penalty occurred.

Back
Top Bottom