special teams! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

special teams!

Buffalo is by far the best ST in the league, minus Lindell.

We led the league in ST TDs, and didnt give up any TDs on STs.

Off the top of my head i can think of 6 ST TDs on the year.

Crisis said:
How did Detmer do on the Eagles that year too? Is Detmer a franchise QB like Feeley?

Really.. what does it matter in terms of the statement that was made.

Losman has yet to start in an NFL contest. Feeley has had several.

nick19991 said:
Feeley is far from a rookie, Losman is a rookie because he hasn't started any games. Feeley went 5-0 two years ago with the Eagles and then started some games last year

Losman's PLAYED in NFL games. Which is important. He's not a rookie. He's had a year to study the playbook and adjust to the offense. He's NOT a rookie.

And even if he was, I'd still take him over Feeley.

FiN.in.RI said:
Really.. what does it matter in terms of the statement that was made.

Losman has yet to start in an NFL contest. Feeley has had several.

The statement he made was that Feeley led the Eagles to a 5-0 record (even though he didnt), when Detmer was undefeated with the Eagles that year also. The Philadelphia team that year was all D and STs.

Crisis said:

heh. TDs iaren't the only thing that determines good ST play, number 1 and number 2 Buffalo is not by far the best in the league in ST..

I'm not even sure if Buffalo will have a record this season over .500
clear.gif

FiN.in.RI said:
heh. TDs iaren't the only thing that determines good ST play, number 1 and number 2 Buffalo is not by far the best in the league..

Anyone who watched Buffalo's Special Teams last year knows they're BY FAR the best unit in the league. Great kick coverage, great kick returns, great punt returns, great field position, great punt coverage.

DreamWeaver said:
Upgraded the running game, defense, & most importantly the coaching staff.....also, Buffalo has a rookie behind center. :roflmao:
I think this thread was talking specifically about special teams. As far as coaching goes, you should know that Bobby April of the Bills was voted special teams coach of the year for last season.

I think we tied a league record with 6 ST TD's last year, I'm not positive though.

Anyway, now with Roscoe Parrish being thrown into the mix, we shouldn't see any drop off in our special teams play. With the exception of our FG kicker, we're pretty dominant overall.

Mularkey was 9-7 in his first year. I fail to see why that makes him a bad coach.

Crisis said:

how can you minus lindell?he is still part of your special teams, and hes not very good at all i mean missing like a 27 yard feild goal at the end of the year in a cruscial game against pitt, u guys need a new kicker

FinsAreLife said:
how can you minus lindell?he is still part of your special teams, and hes not very good at all i mean missing like a 27 yard feild goal at the end of the year in a cruscial game against pitt, u guys need a new kicker

Mare isn't much better. Don't even get me started on Lindell, though.

Crisis said:
kick coverage, great kick returns, great punt returns, great field position, great punt coverage.

Gotta say, that's all a matter of opinion.

EDIT:

heh..the bills didn't even have the league leading kick returner, but they lead the league in special teams by far.. :hmmm:

Ed (Bills) said:
I think this thread was talking specifically about special teams. As far as coaching goes, you should know that Bobby April of the Bills was voted special teams coach of the year for last season.

I think we tied a league record with 6 ST TD's last year, I'm not positive though.

Anyway, now with Roscoe Parrish being thrown into the mix, we shouldn't see any drop off in our special teams play. With the exception of our FG kicker, we're pretty dominant overall.

Good info, and good point. I forgot about Parrish...

I knew you had a good ST unit, I just didn't know they were that good (last year).

FiN.in.RI said:
Gotta say, that's all a matter of opinion.

EDIT:

heh..the bills didn't even have the league leading kick returner, but they lead the league in special teams by far.. :hmmm:

McGee had 3 TDs. He's the best.

Back
Top Bottom