Speed, Speed and More Speed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Speed, Speed and More Speed

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Besides getting younger on defense, one big thing Miami lacked last year was speed on both sides of the ball. The Dolphins could use a wide receiver who can stretch the defense and compliment Chambers/Booker. Moss in the 2nd round might be a possibility. Orr, from Wisconsin, might be that kind of guy in the mid rounds. Maybe even Hester, who also plays corner, or Watkins from BYU who is also 6-2. On defense, Lawson or Greenway would be perfect early fits as speedy OLB's. Cromartie maybe as a round 2 gamble or again Hester in the mid rounds. No question, Miami needs more speed at OT as both starters last year are slow of foot and need help against faster pass rushers.

I thought I had an admirer at first. :wink: :lol:

I definitely agree with you!

I agree, we need big time speed, but we also need guys who can be physical. Hester is fast, but cant cover that well. We need guys who can be left alon out there one on one

Hester could not even win a starting CB job in College. He will be a WR in the NFL, But he needs time to develope. he will be a special teams star and I don't mean just returning kicks either. He should be a very good gunner!

Speed is something we do need....Moss will be gone by the time we pick in round 2 tho but we could take a flyr on a guy in the 4th round.....at DB there're a few guys that we can look at in round 2...no doubt Lawson could be our pick at 16 tho Carpenter is also an option......a lot will depend on what we do in free agency...can't wait for that.

Ozzy rules!!

If you want speed Jonathan Joseph in the 2nd round out of South Carolina. He is Super fast. He lacks experince tho. He only played at SC for 1 year. He transferred from a Junior College.
Get Manny Lawson in the First and thats already alot of speed for our Defense.

Jeremy Bloom ran a 4.49 and he is not close to being in football shape...he should run a 4.3 in April. Hope we take him in the 4th round. :tongue:

Roman529 said:
Jeremy Bloom ran a 4.49 and he is not close to being in football shape...he should run a 4.3 in April. Hope we take him in the 4th round. :tongue:

I hope we don't take him. What is he going to do? I would rather have Hester than Bloom. hester would at least have a chance at being a CB or WR and on Special teams ( I don't mean just return kicks either ).

Skeet84 said:
If you want speed Jonathan Joseph in the 2nd round out of South Carolina. He is Super fast. He lacks experince tho. He only played at SC for 1 year. He transferred from a Junior College.
Get Manny Lawson in the First and thats already alot of speed for our Defense.

Not too familiar with Joseph, but yes Lawson would be a great start. That would give Saban so many options. I can see Taylor and Lawson at OLB in some formations with the defense trying to account for both. Would be fun.

playmaker1 said:
I agree, we need big time speed, but we also need guys who can be physical. Hester is fast, but cant cover that well. We need guys who can be left alon out there one on one

Hester is definitely a project, but could help right away on special teams. I wouldn't want him in the 2nd round, but maybe the 3rd.

Philter25 said:
I would cry if we took Hester.........

Not if it was 3rd or 4th round. Initially, he would only help on special teams. But he could be a real difference maker there. In time, with some good coaching, he might develop as either a CB or WR.

Back
Top Bottom