Speed, Speed Speed ... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Speed, Speed Speed ...

PHINANALYST

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
If we were to notice a common thread across our picks .... it is that they have speed!

I'm glad we are finally realizing this important fact!

The only pick that isn't fast is Smythe, and he was purposely chosen to block (and catch a little).

Gesicke will be interesting ... at least as fast as Landry and twice as big (just kidding, but you get the picture). NO, I don't want him to catch 100 balls the next 4 years .... but Landry and his $16M should be forgotten right quick.

We'll see how this all pans out ... as you never know, but definitely satisfied with this draft. Will be interesting to see what the backup plan for DT is ... and who the next 'developmental' QB is. Would have liked to see the kid from Memphis ...

One of the complaints about the Dolphins on defense was how slow the players were........problem solved.

Our two biggest problems were coverage on tight ends and lack of a tight end who can work the seam and red zone....Minkah Fitzpatrick and Mike Gesicki solve it.

If Tannehill can come back strong...this team is more interesting than most thought.

50 receptions would place Gesicke 6th in the last 18 years in rookie tight end receptions

Not talking about his rookie year, just year to year in general. I'm sure the person who mention 100 receptions wasn't talking about reaching that level as rookie, Although I would say it might be unlikely he reaches that as rookie, but he could be close. That's a little better than 3 receptions per game.

Not talking about his rookie year, just year to year in general. I'm sure the person who mention 100 receptions wasn't talking about reaching that level as rookie, Although I would say it might be unlikely he reaches that as rookie, but he could be close. That's a little better than 3 receptions per game.

That's why I asked how many years to get to 100 receptions

He might be faster....guarantee you, he ain't quicker. Big difference

That's okay considering there aren't many TE in the league that are quicker.

Also, I'd say, this TEs skillset area lot more needed for this team than what Landry brought.

Easier to replace what Landry bought than a serious seam threat TE

Back
Top Bottom