Spielman quotes on Tait | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spielman quotes on Tait

isn't tait the guy who walked out of his contract negotiations because the gm cursed.

Jeez, maybe Spielman does have some idea what he is doing..

When he signed Feeley, I was so dissapointed. It seemed (and still does) like a rash solution to our QB problems, that was really nothing more than a desperate gamble.

Now though, seeing the players we are courting and the ones signed so far, he might actually bring the improvement we are all waiting for. Again, im dissapointed in the Feeley gamble, but I think our O-line and reciever situation might be really exciting next year.

Originally posted by dolfan22
That was a great post. Very direct and to the point. Miami obviously wants him badly and has shown him that.

Rick is right when he says "he has to want to be here ".... the quotes are emphatic that Miami will not lose out because of a inferior offer .

Miami used to have the allure.... the weather , the beautiful people , lifestyle , no personal state tax , plus a consistent contending team with strong coaching.....the weather has not changed , the people are more beautiful than when I first started going to South Florida 20 plus years ago , and the lifestyle is improved...... hmmmmmmmm......what part changed?????.........

I won't comment on Wanny , but I truly feel Rick knows what he is doing , has a feasible plan , and the guts to make the right decisions.

If we sign Tait , and KC does not match you have to be pleased.....we can fill an additional Oline spot from a June 1st casualty .....

Leadership..... I believe Miami once again has leadership at the top........
You've been a member a long time with very few posts....I vote, you should post more often....:D

Well, I like Rick's attitude, I agree that is sounds a little bit on the defeatist side, but I do like the fact that the terminology is the same. If only we had the same results...

Anyhow, on to more important issues. I can't imagine spooning with Tait. The dude is huge. It would be like a ladle more than a spoon. :lol:

Originally posted by dolfan22
That was a great post. Very direct and to the point. Miami obviously wants him badly and has shown him that.

Rick is right when he says "he has to want to be here ".... the quotes are emphatic that Miami will not lose out because of a inferior offer .

Miami used to have the allure.... the weather , the beautiful people , lifestyle , no personal state tax , plus a consistent contending team with strong coaching.....the weather has not changed , the people are more beautiful than when I first started going to South Florida 20 plus years ago , and the lifestyle is improved...... hmmmmmmmm......what part changed?????.........

I won't comment on Wanny , but I truly feel Rick knows what he is doing , has a feasible plan , and the guts to make the right decisions.

If we sign Tait , and KC does not match you have to be pleased.....we can fill an additional Oline spot from a June 1st casualty .....

Leadership..... I believe Miami once again has leadership at the top........

Apparently Tait felt otherwise!:lol:
Our 2 PUBLICIZED top FA O Line targets have, one canceled his trip here altogether and signed without ever coming down and number two comes down, promptly leaves and signs a contract with another team within hours! :lol:

Say what you want but that's not very encouraging!

all depends how you look at it...personally, i like that we aren't tied up for a week waiting on tait just so KC can resign him...we'll see how that plays out soon enough...The other guy wanted to play games....or so, it seems according to his agent.....i'm glad we aren't letting some greedy sports agent dictate who and what we should pay.

the patriots drop high salaried players right and left and it doesn't seem to hurt them at all....why? because they sign good value type players...the kind you need to stay balanced on both sides of the ball....we may not have picked the right combo up until this point, but, I have no problem with the strategy.

I'll love to hear the spin on this one

from WanneSpiel...

point blank they couldn't get Tait to come here...and within hours he signs with the Bears...How embarassing...

I knew from Spielman's earlier comments that Miami had given up on getting Tait.

Re: I'll love to hear the spin on this one

Originally posted by RHoffman
from WanneSpiel...

point blank they couldn't get Tait to come here...and within hours he signs with the Bears...How embarassing...

I knew from Spielman's earlier comments that Miami had given up on getting Tait.

u dont read very well do ya? yeah he felt defeated cus Tait basically told him the truth. now spielman tells all of us the truth and he still gets grief. some people are just babies and cant see reality.

"I want an ever lasting gob stopper now daddy!" No No, i want it now! I demand you get me a gob stopper now!

We used to have Don Shula and then Jimmie. These were Superstar Coaches that players wanted to play for. Dave is a zero charisma guy and he couldn't get us Tait. He met the guy at the Airport, did everything in his power but he couldn't close a crucial deal. What a total failure across the board. Miami has lost its allure. We NEEDED to land either Tait or Woody and we didn't. What a sad state of affairs. We better start looking at the Bennie Andersons' of the world. Wayne should have been there to help sell Tait on Miami, he should have been there with his fat checkbook.

This is going to cost us GAMES next year. Losing Tait and Woody is like losing 3 or 4 games next year, same thing. Total disaster. What now braintrust?

Re: Re: I'll love to hear the spin on this one

Originally posted by finfan54

u dont read very well do ya? yeah he felt defeated cus Tait basically told him the truth. now spielman tells all of us the truth and he still gets grief. some people are just babies and cant see reality.

"I want an ever lasting gob stopper now daddy!" No No, i want it now! I demand you get me a gob stopper now!

:rolleyes:

If Tait didn't want to come here at all he would'nt have made a trip down to feel the situation out would he? Wow never thought of that.

The point is that an organizations coaching staff and FO have a lot to do with where a FA goes. Don't believe me? Take a look at college recruiting where a good recruiter can change the mind of a top recruit that has had a verbal commitment to another school for months. That's no mistake. A coach and GM should be able to paint a very enticing picture of where a team is heading and how the player they want will get them over the top. Especially the Dolphin's organization that has always been on the wish list of many FA's. There are some pretty strong signs to show that these guys are not capable of impressing these top "recruits" enough to make them feelthat Miami is the place to be.

That is a troubling sign and a valid subject for discussion for people that can put two thoughts together. Enjoy your Gobstopper!

it's not as black and white as all this. and yes, people do make free agent visits to drive their price up. so it can go both ways. maybe he didn't want to come here. whatever. the phins are still 0-0.

Chicago is a lot closer to KC than Miami. There might have been other factors not discussed in this thread that Tait considered. rather than an outright slap to miami, maybe it was the fact of being closer to his family, etc. that made him change his mind.

I don't think he was as great as everyone was making him out to be anyway, so i don't chock it up as a total loss...

however the point that our FO could not lure people on more than one occassion is disturbing....

Back
Top Bottom