"Spielman status still undecided" - Saban | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Spielman status still undecided" - Saban

Guy Incognito

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dolphins | Spielman status still undecided - from www.KFFL.com
Sat, 30 Apr 2005 07:03:52 -0700

The Miami Herald reports Miami Dolphins HC Nick Saban declined to say whether he will retain or fire general manager Rick Spielman. Saban said his focus is on the team's current minicamp. "We'll have three [minicamp] days with them next week, and that's our focus as a staff right now. We'll make an evaluation of that in the future, and when we do evaluate, you'll be the first one to know about it.'' Saban has said Spielman did nothing to displease him during this offseason's work leading to the draft.

Didn't see this posted on here so I figured i'd give the Spielman haters somewhere to vent :lol:

What does it really matter at this point, what can Spielman do? Doesnt Saban have all the personnel power. So why not keep him around for an opinion every now and again. I'm probably going to burn for that last comment.

He's got a 7 figure salary, and there could be someone better out there to fill the GM role.

because he can do all the grunt work? Saban says get this guy and rick goes out and get him. Saban can still do his thing (coaching) while rick does his job. perfect.

Phinsdude said:
He's got a 7 figure salary, and there could be someone better out there to fill the GM role.
Is this something that you know for certain? I'm asking; I'm not trying to be a SA. I guess I never really thought too much about how much he was making.
A mil or more though; that's alot.

As others have already said, I think Spielman is an ok talent evaluator, I just dont like the way he handles trades and discerns "value".

What GM's are there on the "market" as of now? I mean I'm sure we'd find an upgrade, but not sure if it'd be a good idea for personnel changes unless there's someone we really want to get. Saban's the man either way, and that's all that matters.

Back
Top Bottom