Spielman's draft preview to be released at 4:30 EST on official site. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spielman's draft preview to be released at 4:30 EST on official site.

I can't imagine it wouldn't be... otherwise he might as well fax all 31 other teams his grades on the players he wants.

Anything he says will be smoke screen imo.I think Rick's gonna be one of the top GM's in the NFL for years to come and I hope he stays with us. I trust Rick to have a good draft for us this year.

Ozzy rules!!

So whatever players he mentions we need to "X" out of our draft board as possible Fins picks. This helps us guys =)

All the teams have this - Belichick and Accrorsi had theirs 2 nights ago. If the last few years are anything to go by, they'll throw in the odd name of an interested guy, but will be totally non-specific.

But maybe thats his plan, he'll talk about the players he really does want, thinking that all the other teams will assume he doesn't really want them when he really does...

But then again, the other teams might be thinking the same thing. So maybe Speilman is trying to make the other teams think that he is trying to make them think he wants the players that he doesn't talk about.

Makes perfect sense does it not? ;)

well, was this done last year and the years before as well ? for some reason i can´t remember

I don't know if it was done last year, I do recall draft preview conferences being given in the past though by both Dave and JJ.

Huge waste of time. You donèt show your hand before you are called to.

I would just rather they cancel it and just give a small media release saying they "are hoping for a few good young, hard nosed ball players, etc..." because honestly that is all we are gonna get out of this...

Originally posted by 13isgr81
But maybe thats his plan, he'll talk about the players he really does want, thinking that all the other teams will assume he doesn't really want them when he really does...

But then again, the other teams might be thinking the same thing. So maybe Speilman is trying to make the other teams think that he is trying to make them think he wants the players that he doesn't talk about.

Makes perfect sense does it not? ;)

Or he could talk up some players that other teams may want that pick behind us to make them sweat when the time comes near for us to pick. This may force another team to consider leapfrogging ahead of us or trading for our position.

Teams aren't stupid. They know for a FACT that Spielman wont come out and say: "Gee, I hope Andrews is there because he will be our pick. Then in the 3rd let's hope that Askew is there because he will be the pick."

Everybody and they momma knows exactly what is going on with all these press conferences. Nobody will take any merit in what is said. I honestly doubt other teams even watch or read what other GMs have to say during these things.

This is an annual event. It is mostly smoke and mirrors. I say we make up a poll for the number of times Rick uses the phrase "best player available" I bet 12 in a thirty minute conference, how about you guys?

Since this will be a waste of time, I think Rick should just go out there and have fun with the media...

Rick: "Ok guys here's my impression of Donald Trump talking to Dave Wannstedt..You're Fired!! ha ha ha No seriously folks, what's the deal with airline food?...."

Back
Top Bottom