Spielmen and other Dolphins Officials to have dinner with Henson tonight | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Spielmen and other Dolphins Officials to have dinner with Henson tonight

Originally posted by Pigskin Pimp

I'm not a salary cap expert, but I think redoing Griese's Contract may come back to bite us in the A$$ later, the way his contract is set up.

No, it's set up so it will do the exact opposite. Cutting him will save a bunch and cost virtually nothing.

Here is my plan. Too bad I am not the GM for the 'Phins:

I would offer our first this year (with conditions) for Henson, and start negotiating immediately so I can get this guy into camp voluntarily, and he can start learning our playbook.

CONDITIONS:

We Tender Ogunleye at a 1st and 3rd.

Houston agrees to sign Ogunleye at the above tender.

We get our original 1st back and their third.

We end up getting Henson for Ogunley and Houstons third round pick.

Houston gets Ogunleye for Henson and a Third round pick.
CONDITIONS:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re Read the post!

CONDITIONS:
We Tender Ogunleye at a 1st and 3rd.
Houston agrees to sign Ogunleye at the above tender.
We get our original 1st back and their third.
We end up getting Henson for Ogunley and Houstons third round pick.
Houston gets Ogunleye for Henson and a Third round pick.
CONDITIONS:

you edited the post, i dont believe the "conditions" were there initially, but anyway...
so youre saying were going to trade our first, then get our first back and their third, and henson. and they get ogunleye

why make it that complicated and instead say
do a sign and trade with ogun for henson and their 3rd rounder.

it's really that simple, there are no "conditions." needed

not to mention we are the ones vying for henson, we cant really demand certain conditions in a deal if we expect to get him, unless he says miami is where he wants to go without a doubt

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
you edited the post, i dont believe the "conditions" were there initially, but anyway...
so youre saying were going to trade our first, then get our first back and their third, and henson. and they get ogunleye

why make it that complicated and instead say
do a sign and trade with ogun for henson and their 3rd rounder.

it's really that simple, there are no "conditions." needed

not to mention we are the ones vying for henson, we cant really demand certain conditions in a deal if we expect to get him, unless he says miami is where he wants to go without a doubt

Ogunleye is a RFA He is not ours to "trade".

Doesn't work that way. We can't just up and trade O-gun, he has to agree, plus he's not as valuable if he doesn't sign, if we try to trade the rights away, there's no gurantee he'll be there for more than a season.

Oh, I'd also like to add that you just traded a top 10 pick in this years draft for a QB that's been out of the game for 3 years. And lost us a franchise DE in the process. Bad idea, Henson can be had for MUCH less.

Originally posted by Graythreat
Oh, I'd also like to add that you just traded a top 10 pick in this years draft for a QB that's been out of the game for 3 years. And lost us a franchise DE in the process. Bad idea, Henson can be had for MUCH less.

Top 10 pick?

From who?

If Ogunleye is gone (like many of us believe), then why not try and work it to our advantage?

We would end up getting Henson PLUS Houstons third for Ogunleye.

The "Franchise DE" is already gone

Originally posted by BigFinFan

Ogunleye is a RFA He is not ours to "trade".

hence the reason i said
"sign and trade"
re-read the post

similar to what was done with peerless price last year

Originally posted by BigFinFan

Top 10 pick?

From who?

If Ogunleye is gone (like many of us believe), then why not try and work it to our advantage?

We would end up getting Henson PLUS Houstons third for Ogunleye.

The "Franchise DE" is already gone

Here's the scenario.....

We have a first,and will PROBABLY get a first and third for O-gun. How high they are is up in the air, but i'm willing to bet mid to high teens. I don't see a low team making a serious run at him.

So, now consider this. We want Henson, but we don't want to trade a first for him (to do so would be dumb, i'm sorry I said it, he's not worth a first this year). The value of o-gun to the Texans is the 10 pick in the first and the third. That's what he'd cost flat out. Yet YOU want to give him to them for Henson and a third? That's a crazy deal man! O-gun could go elsewhere, and we could have 2 firsts, and 2 third round picks. Texans would come out on top of that like nobodys buisness. I would rollover and die if Miami were to do something like that.

So at best, I could accept your deal, if we give them O-gun for their top 10, and Henson. We end up with 2 first round picks like we should, short a 3rd, and a QB option. Otherwise, I'm all for letting O-gun leave for 2 firsts, snagging Clayton and Rivers in the draft, and laughing as the Texans miss out on O-gun, and picks from Henson.

Under different circumstances, your trade might work. But Henson is in no way a first round value this year, and O-gun is.

And besides, this is all contingent on O-gun agreeing to be have his rights traded to Houston. Not going ot happen, and shouldn't happen.

Back
Top Bottom