SPIKES signed offer sheet with Bills!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SPIKES signed offer sheet with Bills!!!!

spikes has played at a VERY high level in both the 3-4 and 4-3 defenses....he's just a guy that fits every system...plain and simple dude is a player......i'll be very upset if cincy doesn't match the offer.....for obvious divisional reasons

Hey Parrot did you also say that the Bengals would match? I remember telling someone that the Bengals probably wouldn't match but I don't recall who it was that disagreed.

Unless Marvin Lewis becomes a victim of the contangeous stupidity of the Bengals, he will match it, escape clause or not. The same escape clause applies if he somehow goes to Buffalo, right? I don't see why that would exclude Cincinnati from matching it......

Originally posted by Bazinet37
Unless Marvin Lewis becomes a victim of the contangeous stupidity of the Bengals, he will match it, escape clause or not. The same escape clause applies if he somehow goes to Buffalo, right? I don't see why that would exclude Cincinnati from matching it......

Tell me Baz, if Zach said he doesn't want to be a fin , would you sign him, even if he would possibly hold out?

Hell yeah I would. I don't even have to think about it. He is a top 3 MLB. If my job depends on wins, I don't have time to worry about if my players want to play here. They are making millions of dollars, they'll play where they are under contract. He'll hold out, but he'll still be on my team, and not on any other team. He'll crack eventually, and if not, will retire. Trust me, he'd play eventually.......

Originally posted by Bazinet37
Hell yeah I would. I don't even have to think about it. He is a top 3 MLB. If my job depends on wins, I don't have time to worry about if my players want to play here. They are making millions of dollars, they'll play where they are under contract. He'll hold out, but he'll still be on my team, and not on any other team. He'll crack eventually, and if not, will retire. Trust me, he'd play eventually.......

It's a good thing you're not a manager. If a player holds out you will have a millionaire tying up your cap watching his own team from his home. In the mean time you don't have a LB on your team or you have scrub playing in that position. Way to go Homer!!!

Play eventually?When? Mid-season while your team is losing games? LOL!

Then again Lewis might do it. BTW did you know that the Bengals made an offer to Hardy? A LB?

I was also going to say thats why I'm not a GM, because I'm an ass like that. It doesn't always work that way, look at Barry Sanders. Either way, I'm not going to let my best defensive player go without a fight. First, I'm going to match that offer sheet, insuring that I get a chance to keep the guy. Then, I'll see where it goes from there.

In the case of Spikes, I don't think he is going to hold out. He is young, and will have other opportunities to leave. If he holds out, he is pretty much throwing a temper tantrum, saying "Well I don't want to play here, I want to play there". First, it makes him look childish, probably swaying other teams away from him in the future. Second, he loses respect among other players in the league. Wanna know why? Corey Dillon. Dillon was in the exact same position, saying he won't play in Cincinatti, blah blah. He cracked and played because he didn't want to ruin future opportunities. If Dillon hadn't done that, I'd say Spikes would have ground to hold out, but not anymore.......

I'm fully aware of who Hardy is. You do know there are 2 OLB spots, right? You know that Cincinatti had a laughable defense? Maybe they want Hardy on the other side do give a formidable linebacking corps......

They just say the signing bonus around $8 mill

Hope bills dont get him

Come on marvin pay the kid

Originally posted by e.vedder
They just say the signing bonus around $8 mill

Hope bills dont get him

Come on marvin pay the kid

Why? I thought you said RW was gonna run by him. What are you really WORRIED about if bills sign Spikes!

Back
Top Bottom