Sporting News- 2014 Dolphins preview | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sporting News- 2014 Dolphins preview

Others I would include, at least if they're healthy, are Rothleisberger, Luck, Kap, Eli, Newton, Matt Ryan, Wilson. (And of course, Mark Sanchez). Others that might end up being on the list include Nick Foles and RGIII.

We'll see this year if what was really holding Tannehill and the offense in general back was Sherman. Most of the time though, bringing in a new offensive coordinator doesn't change things as much as the initial hype suggests. Look no further than maybe the six different OCs the Dolphins have had in the past ten years with little to show for it. Or, on the flip side, the number of different of OCs the Patriots have had with the same level of success.

Disagree bigtime.

Rothleisberger is slowly declining as the talent around him goes down.

Luck does show a lot of potential, but to me he looks like what Tannehill would have looked like if he had been allowed to move in the pocket more, and had actually gotten a bit better pass-blocking.

Kap is a weapon, that can move around, good arm strength, and able to find the open receiver, but he tends to be at times inconsistent.

Eli Manning is hot and cold during the season, but I in the playoffs he is as good as they come.

Newton is also a bit too inconsistent to be considered scaring.

Matt Ryan is a pretty decent QB with amazing weapons, but at the end of the day, he is far from scary, especially during playoffs...will never be the QB that Luck is proving to one day be, or Tannehill might actually become.

Wilson is a good QB that could be considered scary soon...very soon.

Sanchez is only scary if your a women, but football wise, probably on the lit of least scary.

Foles and RGIII still have some more proving to do, before anyone considers them scary.

With all due respect, that would mean half the NFL QB's 'scare' teams?

I'm sorry but if I see Eli on the schedule? Matt Ryan? Wilson? Not scary.

Wilson is part of a scary team. But the guy himself does not impact much. The D and running game freak me out.

Nick Foles doesn't scare anyone, it's the Eagles play calling and scheme. RGIII is a fumble or interception waiting to happen.

NFL QB's that scare teams are the ones that can make all the right reads and right throws. Hell, they make the throws no one else can. They make the throws no one else thinks of even trying.

As I said, it's a wait and see approach with Foles and RGIII, but to this point, they've both shown more than Tannehill, even if you take into account RGIII's regression last year.

As to the other QBs I mentioned while you're correct that it has a lot to do with the supporting cast, they are still an important part of their team's success. To put it another way, those teams are not the 2000 Ravens where they could win with a pedestrian QB.

We can't recreate the world and see if the Seahawks would fare better, the same, or worse with Tannehill, or vice versa. But what we do know is that he hasn't been good enough to make Miami's offense anything better than being in the bottom ten. There's nothing about him that would lead you to believe that he's going to take some giant leap forward.

So it really comes down to whether Lazor makes a huge impact. History tells you that offensive coordinators come and go, but they rarely change a team's fortunes if the roster isn't any better than it was before. Right now, you can count on the left tackle being improved, but otherwise the offensive line is a giant question mark. The rest of the offense is the same very average crew that it was last year.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Sanchez is only scary if your a women, but football wise, probably on the lit of least scary.

Was obviously being sarcastic there.

conventional wisdom with their talent and schedule would say 8-8 give or take a game. But I have a feeling after this past offseason there is going to be a stretch from game 4 through game 7....if we perform well in that span and have a good record going into midseason, I could see it all coming together. Conversely if they faceplant in those games and are 3-4 or 2-5....i could see a 4 win season just as easily. But I also thought after the Martin fiasco the team was going to hit a wall and fall apart. They did...just not until the last 2 games of the season.

I'm predicting 6-10. Bottom line is that the quarterback isn't good enough. As one GM said, he doesn't scare anyone. He had to beat one of two cream puff opponents, and was beyond awful.

Really? I agree that they were easy opponents BUT The Jets were getting much better play out of Geno at the end of the year and were a little on the upswing. The Bills D just shredded our OL that 2nd game. Tannehill was screwed from the start of the 1st Q. The QB is fine, the OL was utter garbage. The fact that he even put up the numbers that he did was remarkable!

Really? I agree that they were easy opponents BUT The Jets were getting much better play out of Geno at the end of the year and were a little on the upswing. The Bills D just shredded our OL that 2nd game. Tannehill was screwed from the start of the 1st Q. The QB is fine, the OL was utter garbage. The fact that he even put up the numbers that he did was remarkable!

Well, the fact remains that we have four games against those opponents, and despite all the noise, the O-line might not be a whole lot better this year. The Bills should be a better than they were last year, and, by your logic the Jets should be better this year too since you feel that Gino is on an upward trajectory.

Like I said, it'll really come down to whether Lazor is the wunderkind that many are hoping that he is. The past tells you though that's it's likely not going to be the case.

This is about as much love as MIA is getting in the offseason. Half of the mags have MIA in last place.

We can only home MIA's opponents are also writing the Phins off.

If they finish 3rd in the division they aren't making the playoffs so the whole preview is kinda off isn't it?

Others I would include, at least if they're healthy, are Rothleisberger, Luck, Kap, Eli, Newton, Matt Ryan, Wilson. (And of course, Mark Sanchez). Others that might end up being on the list include Nick Foles and RGIII.

We'll see this year if what was really holding Tannehill and the offense in general back was Sherman. Most of the time though, bringing in a new offensive coordinator doesn't change things as much as the initial hype suggests. Look no further than maybe the six different OCs the Dolphins have had in the past ten years with little to show for it. Or, on the flip side, the number of different of OCs the Patriots have had with the same level of success.

true, but Sherman really did a bad job of putting the offense into manageable positions. He for some reason kept putting tannehill directly under center with no real blocking help and slow developing plays. Its like he kept turing his head every time tannehill got sacked so he never knew he needed to make a change. I have no idea what lazor will be like, but as long as he puts the players into positions to succeed we will see a much improved offense. No more "go go!"

Sent from my ass using Tapatalk

true, but Sherman really did a bad job of putting the offense into manageable positions. He for some reason kept putting tannehill directly under center with no real blocking help and slow developing plays. Its like he kept turing his head every time tannehill got sacked so he never knew he needed to make a change. I have no idea what lazor will be like, but as long as he puts the players into positions to succeed we will see a much improved offense. No more "go go!"

10 TDs left on the field in this video alone, and I remember even more. What people need to realize is whether Tannehill is the one that is **** or Sherman is the one that is **** the results will look the exact same, and you can throw Wallace and the o-line into the equation too, but at some point you have to consider the possibility that Tannehill is the one making everybody else look bad rather than everybody else is making Tannehill look bad.

[video=youtube;dNLTdNxhFvw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNLTdNxhFvw[/video]

Back
Top Bottom