Sporting News Article Describes Tannehill Draft Pick As A Reach | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sporting News Article Describes Tannehill Draft Pick As A Reach

Can't imagine there'd be many people who if they were told back in 2012 that they'd be getting a QB who would guarantee 4,000+ yards, 24+ TDs at a 2:1 TD/Int ratio a year behind a near last ranked oline who wouldnt have drafted him at eight.

Can't imagine there'd be many people who if they were told back in 2012 that they'd be getting a QB who would guarantee 4,000+ yards, 24+ TDs at a 2:1 TD/Int ratio a year behind a near last ranked oline who wouldnt have drafted him at eight.

:clapping:

I understand your point. However, I wonder how many more offensive coordinators and head coaches will have to lose their jobs before you will be willing to admit that Tannehill isn't the second coming of Dan Marino?

Who said he was?

I thought there were two discussions going on:
* Could we win with him?
* If he was elite based on the definition of can he make everyone else on team play better and singlehandedly take the team to the SB. Of course, all the people who are taking that position are also taking the position that Mario wasn't that good either, but to each their own

What percentage of Dolphans would trade Tannehill for Dalton?

Did Omar write the article?

Actually if you look at this guy's twitter, he's Omar with better writing skills and a bigger stage. It's important to note that it's one questionable "writer" having assailable opinions on Sporting News who thinks RT is a "reach" .. not Sporting News per se. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course but true professionals like Grantland Rice, Dick Young and Red Smith would be turning over in their graves if seeing the quality of sports writing today.

FYI: David Steele article in Sporting News describes the Ryan Tannehill draft pick as having been a reach (and by implication a failure):

"The targets are on their backs. One or all of them could go in the first round, and thus have a chance to join the illustrious ranks of Blaine Gabbert, and Christian Ponder, and E.J. Manuel, and Jake Locker, and Brandon Weeden, and Ryan Tannehill, and Johnny Manziel. That's just the last five drafts."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl-new...-round-jared-goff-carson-wentz-browns-cowboys

Have at it Dolfans.

seems legit...4 seasons later

I understand your point. However, I wonder how many more offensive coordinators and head coaches will have to lose their jobs before you will be willing to admit that Tannehill isn't the second coming of Dan Marino?

Who as ever said that he is? Even the most passionate Tannehill supporters (me included) have complained that THE COACHING STAFF was acting like they had the second coming of Marino. 70/30 pass/run ratio??????? We complained ALL SEASON about that.

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

What percentage of Dolphans would trade Tannehill for Dalton?

What percentage would trade the rest of the rosters?????

So, if you see Carson Wentz, Paxton Lynch, Jared Goff and Christian Hackenberg, hug them. The targets are on their backs. One or all of them could go in the first round, and thus have a chance to join the illustrious ranks of Blaine Gabbert, and Christian Ponder, and E.J. Manuel, and Jake Locker, and Brandon Weeden, and Ryan Tannehill, and Johnny Manziel. That’s just from the last five drafts.

So the implication is that it would be better for these players NOT to go in the first round? How is that going to help them succeed? Just because a team reaches doesn't change who the player is. Sometimes a reach will end up justifying the pick and more, like Travis Frederickson.

Yeah, he is much better than Blaine Gabbert, and Christian Ponder, and E.J. Manuel, and Jake Locker, and Brandon Weeden, and Johnny Manziel.
i know conservative tannehill is average at his absolute best but he is better than all of those mentioned. Still a reach for where we got him no doubt though. If i would have told you back then that 4 years later he would have ZERO playoff wins and ZERO playoff appearances what would you say? you dont take a qb in the top 10 of 1st rd and not expect him to change your franchise for the better

I'm sorry this is bull****. How many years was this franchise lambasted in the media for ****ing around with mid-round picks on a QBs when the team needed a quality starting QB? They take a QB and now get lambasted for reaching.

NFL team needs a QB and NFL team picks a QB in the first round for the first time since 1983. If we had taken some other position of need the media would have been all over that as well for not addressing the biggest priority. I guess we could have only dreamed of getting the franchise savors RGIII or Weeden and Wilson wasn't given a snowballs chance in hell of being a franchise QB by half these syncs, so much so they questioned the pick in the ****in' 3rd round.

Gimma a break........reach.

Who are we picking in 2013, E.J I suck ass Manuel, Geno pick six Smith both seem like a great QBs to hang a hat on.

****in' reach........my ass.

Oh wait a minute how about 2014.....Johnny I drink and party more than I play Football? Cause all these ****ers had Derek Carr rated so high on the list that if Miami had taken him 19th in 2014 reach would have been labeled "stupid" and Johnny would have been a disaster, Teddy Bear's second season in the league looked so much more impressive than Tannehill's second year.

Reach............give me a ****in' break........reach...........I'm gonna reach over my desk and slap these assholes, that's the only reach there needs to be.

Dood, the article was not focusing on RT. It was making a broad statement that qbs are overdrafted and that included the qbs you mentioned.

i know conservative tannehill is average at his absolute best but he is better than all of those mentioned. Still a reach for where we got him no doubt though. If i would have told you back then that 4 years later he would have ZERO playoff wins and ZERO playoff appearances what would you say? you dont take a qb in the top 10 of 1st rd and not expect him to change your franchise for the better

I would say he must still be with the Dolphins or bagging groceries somewhere, and given the stats he has already amassed it must be the former and not the latter. ;)

Back
Top Bottom