Sporting News Draft Magazine | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sporting News Draft Magazine

RHoffman

DOB: Get my Ring!
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know that if they are looking for a good draft magazine, other than Kiper and Bauschbaum's books...try out the Sporting News Draft Magazine...their measurements and times are not always accurate...but for $5.95
its a decent investment...and we can that talk about some of the players. Many of us get to a fair bit of college games...so it would be interesting to discuss many of these mid round picks.

A.J. if you are reading this, do you think we could schedule a chat the Sunday before the draft. I will send you an e-mail regarding this.

By the way, for anyone else...
If anyone wants to discuss
draft eligible players from...
Miami, Fl
LSU
Penn State
Ohio State
Georgia Tech
Maryland Terrapins
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Michigan
Temple
etc.
I have seen these teams and there players IN PERSON over the last few years and would be willing to give my 2 cents worth.

Question about tthe Big 10 WRs Ron Johnson and Marquise Walker.....can they get deep consistantly? Some of the best catches I have ever seen have been made by Walker and I have a good feel for him but would like another opinion. Johnson just seems slow.

Josh Reed is going to be a star in my mind! He has a great body, good speed, great hands and boy, i mean BOY, can he run after the catch!!!!!!

I think with Gonzalez, you are basically getting the finished product. Not much room to improve, and very limited athletically. On the small side, but not really that small. He will get smarter, but not much potential there.

Well, I knew that about those two, but I was wondering what Hoffman thought since he said he saw them play. I also think Reed will be a star.

I saw Reed play in the Peach Bowl...

not the past year but the one before that and what standouts the most is that he runs such amazing routes, that he almost always open. He's not that strong, he's not blazing fast, but he just flat gets open and catches the ball and then pretty much takes it to the house.

It's amazing what a weapon he is...I think a lot of teams will regret not taking him...if by some chance he fell to the second round, it would behoove Miami to give an established player in order to get him...I believe he is that good. You put him with Chambers and Williams and you have got a special offense no matter who the qb is.

He is just my favorite prospect, so its kinda of funny that you ask.

Saw Gonzalez against PSU...and he is very hard to evaluate because McKinnie was so scary on the otherside. We were under the stands when Miami came out for the second half and McKinnie was so large that people were actually scared by him. For that matter I know that Gonzalez only runs about 6-4 290 but he just looks mean. In addition, the problem with evaluating Gonzalez in the game I saw is that PSU essentially didn't have a DL last year...

So of course Miami's line was dominant.

As for Marquis and Ron Johnson...

I have seen more of Marquis and I think he gets somewhat of a bad rap on deep speed, the reality is he makes amazing highlight real catches...this past year with a really bad quarterback...
is he a downfield #1? I don't think so, but I think he makes a nice two or three...He has two big games when I was there in person, so I am probably a little biased, but he is also on tv alot up here...so I think I have seen enough him.

Admittedly, I don't have as much knowledge on Johnson, because when Minn played PSU, I really didn't focus on him that much.

I saw one of his games on television against Northwestern or Indiana and he lit it up, but from what I hear his college production in going deep won't necessarily translate to the Pro's,
but either one of these guys could theoretically slip to where we pick...

and I think WR is a position of strength in the draft...where as you might be reaching at other positions (DE or LB)

I have watched Walker play against my Hawkeyes evey year and I think he could be a stud. He made a one handed catch in the endzone against Iowa that made me laugh even though it pretty won the game for Michigan.

If I remember correctly he is Michigans all time leading receiver so that should show people he has the ability. I for one wouldn't be disappointed if he plays in Miami. He and Chambers would be awesome. No way it happens but I guy can dream.

Back
Top Bottom