Sporting News likes our chances | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sporting News likes our chances

FFNSB

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Pompei from the Sporting News likes our chances this year:

"If he stays healthy, Williams will make Fiedler a better quarterback. Since Williams was acquired in early March, the talk has been about the Super Bowl. An improved offense and a top-five defense is tough to beat. Why not talk Super Bowl?"

Sounds pretty good to me.

Originally posted by FFNSB
Pompei from the Sporting News likes our chances this year:

"If he stays healthy, Williams will make Fiedler a better quarterback. Since Williams was acquired in early March, the talk has been about the Super Bowl. An improved offense and a top-five defense is tough to beat. Why not talk Super Bowl?"

Sounds pretty good to me.

AFC East Primer: Dolphins are best of a good bunch

Not a bad article, I love this line. "Considering the Dolphins walked to a wild card without Williams, they could run right into the Super Bowl with Williams. "

Last edited by a moderator:
11 - 5 is very doable but I believe we have a good shot at 12- 4

I don't care what any preseason mag says...And I really could care less about the hype...We will see when the games are played...:evil:

Originally posted by DJFinfan
11 - 5 is very doable but I believe we have a good shot at 12- 4
agreed - it was good assessment of the AFC East - though if we are so much better, then why the same record ?

notable quotes:
Considering the Dolphins walked to a wild card without Williams, they could run right into the Super Bowl with Williams.
:cool:

With Williams pounding the opposition and a defense laden with hungry, fearless veterans, Miami is in the best shape to do so.
:D

Every time I see all this talk about how well we'll do, I know that we've been jinxed. I mean, training camp hasn't even started yet and they're talking trash about the Super Bowl. Lets get real.

Yes, we have a great team right now.....on paper. But who know's who's going to get hurt in preseason, who's going to get cut or traded, etc. It all means nothing until the season starts.

Basically it seems like they're just posting garbage just to have something to post about.

Sorry guys, I really am. I don't mean to be a nay sayer, but I just get so tired of all this talk about who's best, when the "who" doesn't even exist yet.

No offense, but I think it's just the opposite icestorm, right now, the whole team is healthy and we look like a better team than a year ago. I think that NOW is the time that we CAN talk about the Super Bowl before we have to take into consideration any injuries which may occur. This is the time when EVERY team thinks they are a contender, and the time when NOBODY can prove you wrong. So let's talk it up, cross our fingers for an injury free year, and blast anybody who tries to tell us different.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

more accolodates...MIAMI GROUND MACHINE

from http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/columns/20020709/trainingcamppreviewparti.html

MIAMI GROUND MACHINE

It's a reunion of Jimmy Johnson's former Cowboys assistants in Miami, where Norv Turner will run the offense for Dave Wannstedt. Turner hasn't had the best success as a head coach, but he is a brilliant ball-control coordinator.

Dan Marino's high-flying passing days are a distant memory. The Dolphins expect to be Super Bowl contenders with a run-first, throw-second attack powered by Ricky Williams. The franchise has had only six 1,000-yard individual rushing seasons in its 36-year history.

With Williams, the Dolphins have the ideal between-the-tackles pounder who can carry an offense, eat up the clock and put teams away. Hmmm, sounds like just what this team's defense ordered. His receiving skills give the Dolphins a dimension of flexibility on first and second downs.

How quickly Williams gets on the same page with Turner, who has a history of maximizing production from his backs, will determine how far Williams can carry the offense

AMEN ICE!!!

Originally posted by IceStorm
Every time I see all this talk about how well we'll do, I know that we've been jinxed. I mean, training camp hasn't even started yet and they're talking trash about the Super Bowl. Lets get real.

Yes, we have a great team right now.....on paper. But who know's who's going to get hurt in preseason, who's going to get cut or traded, etc. It all means nothing until the season starts.

Basically it seems like they're just posting garbage just to have something to post about.

Sorry guys, I really am. I don't mean to be a nay sayer, but I just get so tired of all this talk about who's best, when the "who" doesn't even exist yet.
RIGHT NOW!! We are nothing more than PAPER CHAMPIONS!!!!

Hey, didnt we have this same team only better in 72? An average QB, a pro-material WR, a power running back, and.... instead of a no name D, a big name D!!!!!!

If your going to beleive in Jinxs, you might as well beleive you can fly or there are such things as ghosts

If we lose, its not because of Jinxing, its called a "letdown," this kind of talk is encouraging to our players and i love it. They need encouragment. Beacuse what you are sort of saying is that you want them to say bad things about us.

Brothers, if your a fin fan that is. I will tell ya the key to getting to and winning the big dance. 1st balance 2nd health. 3rd turn overs I feel we have the balance, we need to stay healthy somthing we haven't done in the last two seasons. and get the +turnovers up. If we stay healthy we have a great chance at a long overdue super-bowl win. peace

Back
Top Bottom