Sporting News Preview Mag | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sporting News Preview Mag

pigskinguy said:
OK, first of all, since I know one of you will ask, no. I do not, repeat do not have a link. I was reading through it tonite at the book store.
Anyway, they predict Miami to finish 3rd in the AFC East with an 8-8 record. Missing the playoffs.
But, bring up the rear is everybody's favorite red-headed-step-child, the Buffalo Bills at 4-12. :eek: :lol:

Yeah I read the mag in the store yesterday...you are correct.

BillsCA said:
And athlon magazine like one of your former fin fans posted had you going 3-13 and the bills going 11-5 and making Wildcard. Just goes to show you its all opinions in June.

hate to agree with a Billsfan, but he's right. Those"experts" are rarely correct.

T.K.O. said:
I still don't get how they can preview a season w/out even knowing who made the roster yet.

Anyway Ithink 4-12 is a little low for us. Our Defense is good enough to get us at least 6 wins alone. I think we will be around 10-6 give or take a game. I think the phins will be 8-8 give or take a game
The Defense can keep you in games, but if your QB throws it to the other team already in scoring range, not too much your D can do. Trust us, we saw it all year last year!

Fact is 4-12 is possible with an inexperienced QB. NO one knows until they play. For all we know, Buf and Mia could be atop the AFCE and the Jets and NE could be on the bottom (I HIGHLY doubt it, but you never know - If Pennington and Brady are out for any signicant time...)!

I like to needle the Bill fans on this MB but at worst I think the Bills will finish 8-8.

PS.But I do think they will finish behind us.

T.K.O. said:
I still don't get how they can preview a season w/out even knowing who made the roster yet.

Anyway Ithink 4-12 is a little low for us. Our Defense is good enough to get us at least 6 wins alone. I think we will be around 10-6 give or take a game. I think the phins will be 8-8 give or take a game

Wow, you honestly think you can win more games than last year with a unexperienced QB and weaker O and D lines? Interesting..

BTW, I think the Bills will be better than 4-12 too.

BillsCA said:
And athlon magazine like one of your former fin fans posted had you going 3-13 and the bills going 11-5 and making Wildcard. Just goes to show you its all opinions in June.

Actually the ones with the fins 8-8 and better and the bills in the toilet are more accurate and more well regarded opinions.

SpeedRush99 said:
Wow, you honestly think you can win more games than last year with a unexperienced QB and weaker O and D lines? Interesting..

Well, because that unexperienced QB will be experienced this year, and the Oline is now 'stronger' and will be 'better coached' and more' cohesive' then last year. Our D? Well, our 'weakened D' will now alternate with the 3-4 have JT everywhere, will employ blitzes, zones, formations, etc that NO ONE has ever SEEN before from us. So, weakened by only your account as we don't know Saban's assessment of the D and the element of unfamiliarity will offset if not make our D better I'm sure.

DBoston80 said:
...LINK???:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

I scrolled through this thread just looking to see if someone actually did not read the initial post. Found it.

SpeedRush99 said:

-I think we will do better at QB than what Drew gave us. Watching Bledsoe play was painful at times. The guy made some throws that even a highschool QB knows not to throw. Just an example, against the Ravens Lee Evans runs a go route down the sideline the Ravens are in cover two man. Evans has deion on him most of the way Drew stares at Evans from the snap. There are 3 Raven defenders closing in on Evans and Drew throws the ball anyway to be Intercepted. These are throws a 10 year vet should not be making and Drew did them almost every game.

-I'll agree our O-line is weaker. Our right side is pretty solid but the left side specifically LT is a big question mark.

-I wouldn't consider our D-Line weaker. Ron Edwards is by far a better pass rusher than Williams. We lose some on run defense but not enough to see a major difference

Mularkey will NOT hesitate to pull out Losman if he's that bad.

Back
Top Bottom