Sporting News Radio | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sporting News Radio

IAFINFAN

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
They are ripping the Dolphins front office on this Feeley deal. How they gave up a second round pick for Feeley, while Baltimore played there cards right and got TO for the same pick.

The pick we gave up is a year later but I still agree. It is ridiculous that one team can get Terrell Owens for a second rounder, while we get some third string QB for one. The Dolphins Front Office deserves to be ripped, they overpaid.

Actually, Baltimore got ripped. They could have had him for nothing if TO would have filed his Free Agency paperwork.

Free or 2nd round pick.

Who got ripped?

I agree with Big O that we should've offered #20 for TO, because eventually we may gain another 1st for Wale. TO's contract to my understanding wasn't played with one bit. His 3-year deal with $17m remainding is what the Ravens will carry. That's not much for a player the caliber of Owens. That's under $6m a year.

However, comparing the Feeley deal to the Owens deal is not only out of hand because one is a 2005 pick and one is a 2004 pick.. but because of the situations the teams were in. Look at SF. They were DESPERATELY looking to get rid of TO, while Philly was in no rush with Feeley.

Isn't there also something in TO's contract allowing him to have say in where he's traded, if he's traded? If that was the case for me, I'd definately take Baltimore. He has more of a chance to ***** and moan there than here.

jaworski is a dick. feeley will do just fine. he is just pinning his rep on something nobody knows yet. by the time football starts, he will have changed his mind.

i dont think we overpaid for feeley cus two other teams were on his tail including cleveland. gee who is in cleveland now working in the FO? who was the guy recommending him in Miami? does jaworski mention this? prob not. so who really cares, we have two capable QB's and if we just get our Linemen and draft Rashaun Woods we will have it made. bank it.

The difference between Feely and Owens is that Owens team didn't want him at all. People were high on Feely and he would of gotton play, maybe not 2nd round pick play, but play from a couple of other teams.

How does anyone know if we got ripped TO might flop next year and Feeley might lead the league in passing. No one really knows anything for sure it is pure speculation. I know this probaly wont happen but it might. **** TO might get hurt in the first game and be out all season you never know.

Back
Top Bottom