Sporting News Ranks The Fins18QBs In 18Yrs Since Marino | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sporting News Ranks The Fins18QBs In 18Yrs Since Marino

Vaark

The Intra-Dimensional Felinians R Coming 2 Save Us
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
excluding Cutler

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/nfl/...dan-marino-playoffs/5m3a74uqphn11ggtl5vsj8bjk

They have the top 3 as Fiedler, Pennington & Tannehill. (Culpepper as18th)

IMO the list is pretty subjective and quite subject to debate

But in retrospect, regardless of their ranking, when anyone, even subjectively by the process of elimination needs to put Cleo Lemon at 11, Ray Lucas at 12 and John Beck at 14 out of 18, it drives home just how damn pathetic that our parade of losers has mostly been!

postscript: Searched to determine whether I originally missed this September article already being posted.. Couldn't find anything but apologies if my searching skills proved underwhelming.

What a sad list but the rankings suck as well. Noodle arm should be 1, Tannehill should be 2and Fielder 3 the rest should be erased from Miami Dolphins history.

Fiedler was terrible, the only thing he was good at was giving WRs highlight catches because of how badly he threw the ball. He may have been #3 but putting him above Tannehill or Pennington is a complete joke.
I have never hated a Miami Dolphins player more than I hated Jay Fiedler. Granted I was a child at the time, and I probably wouldn't hate him now, but yeah.....he's my childhood most hated athlete.

I'm putting Tannehill 1 and Pennington 2. Everyone else is completely irrelevant. Tanny gets the nod because Pennington basically gave us one greatly efficient season, and he had an atrocious playoff game that year. Pretty sure Baltimore picked him off 3-4 times.

Very close, I think Tannehill, Pennington, then the rest of the trash. Penny was pretty good for one year then his arm fell off.

1 year where we ran wildcat cause the qbs arm was so limited and had a 1-15 schedule.

Then we played in the postseason the ravens stacked the field inside the numbers with defenders and forced penny to throw it outside the numbers and his noodle arm was exposed.

The best thing he had was timing of ball out of hand and ball placement. Its what kept him in the league as long as he played but there was still obvious outside the number arm limitations.

After that one year his arm fell off

Fiedler looked pretty good in the Jacksonville game that marked the end for JJ. Maybe with a different coach we might still be singing praises.

If Pennington was able to stay healthy, he could've been one of our better QB's. Pennington was living proof that a good QB could turn a bad team around.

1 year where we ran wildcat cause the qbs arm was so limited and had a 1-15 schedule.

Then we played in the postseason the ravens stacked the field inside the numbers with defenders and forced penny to throw it outside the numbers and his noodle arm was exposed.

The best thing he had was timing of ball out of hand and ball placement. Its what kept him in the league as long as he played but there was still obvious outside the number arm limitations.

After that one year his arm fell off
I agree with all that but he was still head and shoulders above the rest of that trash, even with his significant limitations and absence of longevity.

Fiedler was the single most reason we underperformed so much in the early 2000s. He was complete garbage. He had no accuracy, no deep throw, and made terrible turnovers in the worst moments.

I would rate it Pennington then Tannehill (although I think Tannehill if he gets healthy will find himself atop this list). Everyone else was just complete garbage.

I agree with all that but he was still head and shoulders above the rest of that trash, even with his significant limitations and absence of longevity.
Good morning Buddy :)

Pennington had his one bright shining year in 08... and deserves credit for that. But IMO what offsets some of those props was his '09 0-3 start before The China Doll got re-injured where his YPA was 5.6, his QBR 76 with 1 single TD to 2 Ints. Couple that with how miserably he did vs the Ravens in the 08 playoffs and then factor in that, consistent with his past career, when facing top 10 Scoring D's, his success rate in 08 was 25% and top that off with the success of the wildcat. Consequently IMO, Tannehill is more deserving of #1 than Noodle.

Tannehill, Pennington and throw the rest back in the wash.

Good morning Buddy :)

Pennington had his one bright shining year in 08... and deserves credit for that. But IMO what offsets some of those props was his '09 0-3 start before The China Doll got re-injured where his YPA was 5.6, his QBR 76 with 1 single TD to 2 Ints. Couple that with how miserably he did vs the Ravens in the 08 playoffs and then factor in that, consistent with his past career, when facing top 10 Scoring D's, his success rate in 08 was 25% and top that off with the success of the wildcat. Consequently IMO, Tannehill is more deserving of #1 than Noodle.

I agree Vaark. I still had Tannehill as a solid #1 on the list. I just had Penny as a solid number two above the rest of the heap. I don't even think it's close between Tannehill and Penny but I also don't think it's close between Penny and Fielder or anyone else. Sorry for the confusion on that.

Back
Top Bottom