SportingNews Mock Draft--Have Fins getting Cutler | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SportingNews Mock Draft--Have Fins getting Cutler

csabe said:
... After the hype has worn down and Cutler is put under the microscope, the talk of him being a top-10 QB will subside. But the Dolphins would be thrilled to draft him here. Head coach Nick Saban knows Cutler from his days in the SEC; that knowledge served Saban well last year with the selection of Ronnie Brown.
Yikes! That's horrible logic. Jay Cutler sucked against LSU. The two games he faced LSU he mustered a 37.6 NFL QB rating and left one game early w/ a neck injury.

Jay vs LSU 2004 10-20 111 yards
Jay vs LSU 2005 11-32 113 yards 2 INT's

Why would Saban want that?

PhinstiGator said:
Yikes! That's horrible logic. Jay Cutler sucked against LSU. The two games he faced LSU he mustered a 37.6 NFL QB rating and left one game early w/ a neck injury.

Sporting News logic, not mine. LOL

PhinstiGator said:

I dont know what Saban thinks of Cutler, but Ill bet he likes Croyle just as much if not better. Which one sports better value? I say we just draft Croyle in the second round. some would find that a reach, but if he is the guy you want, you have to get him before someone else pulls that trigger and you know they will.

kitt23 said:
young is not dropping that far. mcnair will convince the titans to take young

I could see Young dropping like a stone if he gets out of the top 3...maybe all the way to the Dolphins.

My hope ios that if he fell that far we can find some team that wants him and FLEECE them for draft picks.

I don't want him anywhere near Miami accept when our defense is planting him into the Dolphin Stadium turf.

unifiedtheory said:
I could see Young dropping like a stone if he gets out of the top 3...maybe all the way to the Dolphins.

My hope ios that if he fell that far we can find some team that wants him and FLEECE them for draft picks.

I don't want him anywhere near Miami accept when our defense is planting him into the Dolphin Stadium turf.

You don't have to worry about him dropping....haven't read where the Dolphins want to move up?

fishypete said:
You don't have to worry about him dropping....haven't read where the Dolphins want to move up?

Nah...been living under a rock.

Just because the Phins want to move up does'nt mean they are targeting Young. I find it a lot more likely they are looking at D'Brick, A.J. Hawk or Cutler.

If Young gets by the Titans I see him having a Rodgers type drop. Like I said, if that happened we could fleece some team for future draft picks for the guys rights...I would LOVE that.

I dont know if anyone had followed the senior bowl week, but Cutlers stock when way up. Many scouts liked him better than Young and Lineart...and Winston Justice may have fell out of the first round with several poor performances.

I woundnt give credit to any mock draft that was made BEFORE the senior bowl.

*edit: I got my Winstons mixed up...Eric Winston was the guy whos stck fell, not winston justice

Zounds said:
I dont know if anyone had followed the senior bowl week, but Cutlers stock when way up. Many scouts liked him better than Young and Lineart...and Winston Justice may have fell out of the first round with several poor performances.

I woundnt give credit to any mock draft that was made BEFORE the senior bowl.

*edit: I got my Winstons mixed up...Eric Winston was the guy whos stck fell, not winston justice

This mock draft is from Thursday Feb. 2nd., yeah Eric Winston got beaten badly at the senior bowl.

arsenal said:
interesting... i do think the best chance for us to get cutler would be for tennessee to pass on a QB... and it wouldn't be that surprising with mcnair still possibly staying there and volek still waiting...

THere have been reports of Volek sayin he wants to play and doesnt not plan on being a backup anymore. this can get pretty interesting.

If Young drops to Arizona, the Cardinals won't draft him, because they still have Kurt Warner, and they also have 2 young QB , that IMO any team will like to have. Titans won't get Young b/c most likely they will start Mcnair. Or they will draft some other position

FSF said:
If Young drops to Arizona, the Cardinals won't draft him, because they still have Kurt Warner, and they also have 2 young QB , that IMO any team will like to have. Titans won't get Young b/c most likely they will start Mcnair. Or they will draft some other position

Cardinals ARE in the process of gettin a deal with Warner as they relaly woudl like to keep him. I see Det. being the only thread honestly.

I really have a feeling that Saban will hold out for Croyle in the second round if his knee checks out at the combine. The whole weight issue is getting more hype than it needs to because he will have at least one year to do nothing but gain weight. They'll get him the best nutrionists and add some bulk to him. People said that same thing about Tom Brady, and I don't think he turned out that bad. In fact, Brady's arm wasn't anything close to what Croyle's his at this time, and it'll only get stronger with added bulk. I think Croyle is our man.

tmny99 said:
I really have a feeling that Saban will hold out for Croyle in the second round if his knee checks out at the combine. The whole weight issue is getting more hype than it needs to because he will have at least one year to do nothing but gain weight. They'll get him the best nutrionists and add some bulk to him. People said that same thing about Tom Brady, and I don't think he turned out that bad. In fact, Brady's arm wasn't anything close to what Croyle's his at this time, and it'll only get stronger with added bulk. I think Croyle is our man.

totally agree with everything you just said...:up:

Anything's posible and Cutler could be there and I think we'd take him.....hard to imagine Young lasting that long tho and many people here would wanna trade up if he last that long.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom