Sports Agent David Canter predicts QB Ryan Tannehill will start opening day | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sports Agent David Canter predicts QB Ryan Tannehill will start opening day

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Prediction. @ryantannehill will start opening day in Miami. He's more accurate throws a better ball & has more rhythm than the other QBS

Ryan's upside outweighs both Moore & Garrard plus he has command of offense from college & it makes business sense

Remember it's early but I've seen every snap of open practice and even though it's against 2/3rd team he stands out

Matt Moore continues to have a subpar camp. Indecisive holding onto the ball too long taking too many sacks doesn't throw ball away

www.twitter.com/DavidCanter

Last edited by a moderator:
Not going to happen i think?............

I still think Garrard or Moore(likely Garrard) will be the starting QB week one against Houston. Though I am very happy about what we have been hearing about Tannehill these first few days. Sounds like skill and talent wise there is a noticeable difference between him and Garrard and Moore. At this point though he is likely still raw enough that initially they will go with one of the veterans.

I'm curious to see how they split up time in the first and second preseason games. This is a new NFL, it isn't a a given a rookie like sits a year. Look around at all the rookie QBs that came in a started right away. Stay open minded...

Despite what the coaches are saying, Tannehill isnt in the QB race - even if he is the better QB.
I do see all this hype and good reviews leading to him starting at least 1 game this season though. Looking forward to it! :up:

Philbin is still keeping an open mind and letting them compete. The PS games will decide it. Maybe Carter is a psychic or a palm reader in his spare time?
I would be shocked if RT starts. The team needs to gel for a few games with a steady and capable veteran. There is no rush to start RT.

Despite what the coaches are saying, Tannehill isnt in the QB race - even if he is the better QB.
I do see all this hype and good reviews leading to him starting at least 1 game this season though. Looking forward to it! :up:

Ok, I'll bite. Why do you think the coaches are lying and he isn't really being considered for the starting role?

Ok, I'll bite. Why do you think the coaches are lying and he isn't really being considered for the starting role?

Ok, I don't think they are lying, but I see it as Tannehill has more to do to win the Job than Moore/Garrard. He is a rookie, he is raw and we open to a tough team on the road. Even if he plays better than the two in camp/pre season, I just see it as the safest option is to put Moore or Garrard in. During the season, I could easily see Tannehill starting though, just not week 1. :)

I got a feeling tannehill ends up starting day 1 also. Don't get me wrong if philbin decides not to start him week 1 I'm ok with him sitting , something just tells me once we see tannehill in the preseason we will all be asking for him to start.

Ok, I don't think they are lying, but I see it as Tannehill has more to do to win the Job than Moore/Garrard. He is a rookie, he is raw and we open to a tough team on the road. Even if he plays better than the two in camp/pre season, I just see it as the safest option is to put Moore or Garrard in. During the season, I could easily see Tannehill starting though, just not week 1. :)

I don't know, maybe a "homecoming" game of sorts for Tannehill @ the Texans will amp him up for opening day?

If he blows away the competition then why not? But otherwise, we've got two competent QBs, who could well be better than anyone in the division not named "Brady" who justify being under center on opening day. Baptism by fire, especially until the OL gels is not necessarily always the way to go... just ask David Carr.

I don't know, maybe a "homecoming" game of sorts for Tannehill @ the Texans will amp him up for opening day?

You may very well be right my friend. :) In fact, I hope he does start @ the Texans! I like Matt Moore, but our future is set to be under Tannehill and id love to see that Era start asap. Who knows, perhaps this QB competiton really is open in the truest sense of the word, but coaches are famous for coach speech, and this may or may not be another case of that. Time will tell...

He's more accurate throws a better ball & has more rhythm than the other QBS

[FONT=&quot]He is more accurate when there is no pass rush but from everything I've read he is still struggling under pressure when live bullets are firing and thats what matters the most. I still think it is best to let Garrard start and maybe he can have the same effect that pennington did in 08. Let Tannehill develop and get his feet wet during the preseason and then midway through the regular season if we look like were out of contention let the kid take over. We have a fairly easy schedule and it would be a disservice to the whole team especially the veterans like dansby, burnett, bush, bess to pretty much tank the season and let Tannehill start. I say we play for now and let a smart veteran like Garrard protect the ball and guide us through and easy schedule like pennington did in 08 because anything can happen. Is Garrard Aaron Rodgers? Absolutely not, but he is a solid veteran when healthy and he has done this before and lead the Jags to the playoffs a couple times, so at the end of the day let garrard start and if things look bad midway let Tannehill take over.[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom