Sports Buzz: Monday nuggets | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sports Buzz: Monday nuggets

"The third tight end might not be on the roster right now", I forget which one said it about a month ago, Hickey, Philbin or Tannenbaum.

Id monitor baltimores cuts for the 3rd tight end...the doyle kid from delaware may shake free

No thanks on stoneburner or cobi hamilton at wr...hes a ted ginn build up speed wr

If Doyle is not available, how do you feel about former FAU Owl Rob Housler as our third TE if he is cut from Cleveland? He is raw but I was always intrigued by his athletic upside.

Jordan cameron will get plenty of run down the seam come the regular season...no need for miami to show it right now

If Vernon can have a season like he had two years ago ideally you'd like to keep both and have that depth, especially with Fede being so cheap. But if Vernon has a season more like last year then I don't see us paying him the amount of money some people are throwing out...definitely not $10 mil/year. If someone wants to pay OV that then you go into next year with Fede as your starter and draft/develop his backup.

im really thinking we can have a suffocating outside attack this year, consistently, with Vernon and Wake.... I truly am expecting big things from them this year!!!

Fede seems like Vernon's replacement next year to me. I don't see us needing to pay Vernon that much money if Fede keeps progressing the way he has. It will be interesting to see his production this season!
You may be right but I'd still like to have both of them. OV is a Miami guy through and through. I'd like to think we can find a way to keep him.

Your fine as pie and 3 months later your walking to the fridge and WAM!! There it is again. And next thing you know, your a lifer in the bad back club and many things you used to do, you dont for risk of the pain coming on or you just cant because the pain is full time now.

Amen brother. Now lets factor in the journey of making decisions about surgery. It's a club that once you become admitted you hear about all of the horror stories and nightmares of botched surgeries and procedures that never improve your quality of life, but make it worse. Not too mention the quacks who are so eager to operate, they never really ask if they should.

I dealt with a bulging disc in L4 - L5 for 15 years. I delayed surgery as long as possible. My best friend (a pretty large dude who believes life is conquered with brawn) always thought I was making my pain out to be more than it was. For 15 years I dealt with leg tremors and muscle spasms 24/7, involuntary dropping of items, minute by minute pain and then finally the day I got trapped on the floor because I simply twisted my back in just the right place. I lay paralyzed on the floor for 45 minutes with a cell phone not more than 6 inches from me and I couldn't reach it. Searing spams shooting up and down my back preventing me from moving. I had to wait for the swelling around the nerve to subside. Then last year, he had he first experience with a sciatic nerve inflammation.

I told him to get up and go to work, "Oh I can't! It hurts!". I just looked at him and told him I went to work on those days. Barely able to move my legs... holding onto walls to assist my walking. Barely able to get in and out of chair. Having to plan my next movement minutes ahead of time.

Go to a doctor? When the only real solution is to lay flat on your back, immobilize and wait for the swelling to subside and regain movement? Sure, it can take hours or days, but it is the only true solution outside of a steroid shot that can take just as long to become effective.

Have surgery? Really? It's your spine. It's nothing to take lightly. One small mishap and you're paralyzed. Even the pamphlets for the procedures alert you to the risk.

After one episode, my friend never questioned my genuine dealings with pain ever again. And for those who don't know, the real problem is pressure on a nerve. All of the pain medication in the world can't help the cause. By addressing the pain and adopting a regime of pills, you're just fighting symptoms, not the cause.

It took me over a year of looking for and finding the right doctor for me. The most highly regarded man in this state MISSED diagnosing me with a ruptured disc. It happens more than you know. And those with these problems should NOT rush to surgery. Take your time and get right with it.

I had the surgery and simply wanted to improve my life because we don't have readily available solutions to disc problems. "artificial discs" are the ultimate solution. Until that day, fusing and disc removal are merely ways to alleviate pain. But the problem can/will retain as those procedures are flawed. I opted to have a clean out done on the debris from the ruptured disc. I improved my overall quality but still have daily and hourly reminders. But the pain is better and I still have all options before me.

I said all that to further echo what NRA said and help people fully understand that back problems are no laughing matter. The strongest man in the world succumbs immediately to the sciatic nerve. And it's no laughing matter for those who truly have dealt with the pain.

Sorry for your troubles NRA, I share them and appreciate your pain.

You may be right but I'd still like to have both of them. OV is a Miami guy through and through. I'd like to think we can find a way to keep him.

Cut Misi and use that money to help get OV signed.

Not surprising with Lynch. It's for the best it happened sooner than later. He was a pretty baffling pick to begin with and really stood apart from Hickey's ideology. There has to be some story there. I wonder who was pushing for him when we drafted him.

Fede has had an extraordinary camp. That was a hell of a pick. I'm very excited about his future and it allows us not to be held hostage by OV next year.

Also Stills coming back is tremendous news. As much as the rapport and effort Rishard has put in has moved him up the charts, it's interesting how Stills' raw talent puts him right back in the mix. It's going to be a challenge keeping everyone involved. If Devante comes back strong, we are a very legit 5 deep at WR.

I dont recall seeing lynch in the preseason opener...i wonder if this is his back forcing him out

The depth at WR from Ryan's first year to his 4th is complete night and day

If Doyle is not available, how do you feel about former FAU Owl Rob Housler as our third TE if he is cut from Cleveland? He is raw but I was always intrigued by his athletic upside.

I would prefer since miami already has a seam and mismatch tight end in house a more primary in line blocking tight end in the 3rd tight end...if something were to happen to dion sims at it stands that would be a major blow to miamis pass protection and running game

Back
Top Bottom