Sports Buzz: Postscripts from game 8-16 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sports Buzz: Postscripts from game 8-16

Hahaha Mike Wallace can't practice the deep ball after practice cuz it'll be unhealthy for his legs....what a ****ing lame excuse...no work ethic whatsoever

Couldn't you also say the Thomas twins? Kinda like that horrible 1980's British new wave group?

Weren't they the Thompson Twins?
Not that I was alive or might have heard some of their music....

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Hahaha Mike Wallace can't practice the deep ball after practice cuz it'll be unhealthy for his legs....what a ****ing lame excuse...no work ethic whatsoever

Maybe they have him ride a Segway and go deep.....

Or it could be because he has been missing practice with a leg injury and Armando is just twisting **** like the hack he is!

I think that's definitely noteworthy. If I were the coach I'd tell Mike Wallace to get his ass out there and practice the deep ball, the hell with his "legs."

He actually didn't say that.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

I am so tired reading about the deep ball.

**** people hitting a go route is the lowest % route there is in football. Stop. Worrying. About. Go. Routes

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

**** people hitting a go route is the lowest % route there is in football. Stop. Worrying. About. Go. Routes

I thought he quoted him but if it was Armando making that conclusion then I take my comment back but I still feel like wallace has a lot to work on on his game and doesn't try to improve. ..like he already thinks he's great and doesn't need to put in the work

Without go routes though, why even have Wallace on the field? If the object is to "take the top off the defense" with this guy on the field, there first has to be a threat of a completion. It is a lot like the argument that people made for Ginn, which was a load of crap. Nobody was afraid of Ginn, so he never "took the top off the defense." Same could be said of Wallace at this point...

Yeah i read that and found it odd. Maybe he feeling old.

Without go routes though, why even have Wallace on the field? If the object is to "take the top off the defense" with this guy on the field, there first has to be a threat of a completion. It is a lot like the argument that people made for Ginn, which was a load of crap. Nobody was afraid of Ginn, so he never "took the top off the defense." Same could be said of Wallace at this point...

Wallace isn't a HOF receiver by a long shot, but he's also nowhere near as bad a football player as Tedd Ginn. Defenses have still had to respect his speed, and he is very much an asset on the offensive side of the ball even if he is somewhat enigmatic. I get your frustration though. As deep as we are at WR, and appear to be for a number of years, he may well be trade bait as soon as his contract makes it feasible.

Look, i know Wallaces speed is a threat but the people blaming Tannehill for the issues is ridiculous...Wallace had more catches over 20 and 40 yards last season with Tanny than he did in his final year with Pittsburgh.

RT did NOT overthrow Wallace. Wallace was held and a PI should have been called.

RT did NOT overthrow Wallace. Wallace was held and a PI should have been called.

Exactly. And who really cares about getting the calls all that much in a pre-season game? The takeaway is that RT and Wallace were in synch on that play. A plus IMHO.

You can take the top off a D without running a go route.

what happend to those flags coming out for touching someone? that dissapeared quickly. the rule changes are a laugh. designed to screw teams they dont want in the playoffs and for those they do. It all becomes biased and subjective. particularly for refs who work in towns they are reffing for (pittsburgh).

Back
Top Bottom