Springs, Bryant and Woody to Miami? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Springs, Bryant and Woody to Miami?

Pure speculation on his part I imagine. Shawn Springs is an intruiging option if Madison is let go but I wonder how much he has left.

Yeah... even if he is a stop gap starter and look at Antrell Rolle next year.

Bryant would be more longterm

maybe we are baised ag Wade

m/b something going on w/Sam since these 2 guys are not #3 CBs

8. OT -- Todd Wade

A starter since his rookie year which means that, at the relatively young age of 27, he has logged plenty of snaps. Not exactly the prototype strongside blocker, because his feet are a little better than most right tackles. He's not quite nifty enough, though, to play the blindside spot, as some coaches feel.

Likely landing spot: Baltimore, Arizona, Miami.

17. CB -- Fernando Bryant Likely landing spot: Jacksonville, Miami, Minnesota.

21. CB -- Shawn Springs Likely landing spot: Miami, Buffalo.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1749175

This speculation is not completely baseless. Bryant might like to stay in state, and Shawn Springs has basically said in the past that he would love to play for Miami. He kind of took a swipe at our CBs at the time saying that if you're a CB and want to get picks, you should play for "them boys down in Miami" and said somethin like "Everyone knows that"

He regards Miami as a good move professionally...and T-Buck is a UFA, while Madison has been balking at the contract negotiations.

I really get the feeling that Spielman wants to make a flourish in free agency...put his stamp on this team for better or worst. I would totally not doubt that he held trade talks with the Vikings and offered Madison and Ogunleye, and probably some draft compensation as well.

Originally posted by Unconquered
If he has enough to get us through this year and so we can draft a CB next year that would be enough.

I would hope so, he's only been in the nFL for 7 yrs.

I can see us going for Bryant as the nickel back but Springs intrigues me. Lenny boy usually has pretty good facts on what is going on with teams and it is odd that he is the first person I’ve seen mention Springs going to Miami. What kind of value does Madison have as trade bait? Maybe the Vikes called about Moss because the Phins are shopping Madison quietly? Might want to keep an eye one this.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
This speculation is not completely baseless. Bryant might like to stay in state, and Shawn Springs has basically said in the past that he would love to play for Miami. He kind of took a swipe at our CBs at the time saying that if you're a CB and want to get picks, you should play for "them boys down in Miami" and said somethin like "Everyone knows that"

He regards Miami as a good move professionally...and T-Buck is a UFA, while Madison has been balking at the contract negotiations.

I really get the feeling that Spielman wants to make a flourish in free agency...put his stamp on this team for better or worst. I would totally not doubt that he held trade talks with the Vikings and offered Madison and Ogunleye, and probably some draft compensation as well.

Could you imagine
"Trade" Wally, Sam and a pick for Moss
Pick up springs or bryant
Winstrom or better yet Wiley....:eek:

I think I would fly south and Kiss Spielman's feet.

Springs was the 3rd cornerback for the seahawks last year a lot of the times. Last year at least, he didn't look very good.

When he's on, he's one of the best. Problem is he can't stay healthy. He's like the same as Sam Madison its just that Sam could possibly get us trade value and with Springs' problems the last few years he could be significantly cheaper.

Originally posted by ckparrothead

I agree. He was on a mission with the salary cap clearing the last few weeks and it wasn't just for the fun of cutting guys.

Spielman is on a mission. Let's hope it is the right one.

Back
Top Bottom